Blu-ray's shaping up to be the next vinyl - here’s why

Iradj

Aug 17, 2022
Visit site
As a hi-res music enthusiast, I hope Alastair proves to be right. I would love to see more of the likes of Pink Floyd's Endless River, Carlos Kleiber's complete DG collection, and 2L's fantastic catalogue appearing on the format. Cambridge, Pioneer, Yamaha and all those other manufacturers who have stopped making universal players capable of playing BDs please take notice.

Anthony Luke

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
The reviewer is on the money about collecting Blu Ray ( although his his taste in films is rather questionable). I have decent collection of Blu Ray and love what Criterion is doing as well as A24 etc. Streaming services pander to the lowest common denominator and finding great films and shows that are available to stream is difficult.

RichSM

Sep 9, 2021
Visit site
I've started building up a collection of physical media again, such as 4K Blurays and audio CDs. You never know when a streaming service will mess with things, remove content or just go away entirely.

Reactions: Iradj and WayneKerr

Nolan-fan

Apr 25, 2023
Visit site
I love the convenience of streaming, but like vinyl, a nice hard-back book, and even retro games cartridges I can’t see Blu-ray going away any time soon - in fact, I think it’s going to get more popular. Here’s why

Blu-ray's shaping up to be the next vinyl - here’s why : Read more
I don't trust digital purchases. I bought a few movies through Google Play Movies. Initially were 1080p, then some were upgraded to 4k. Great, until the app was scrapped and they were transferred to YouTube. I can now watch some in 4k on my phone, but limited to 720p on my 4k telly

Sixtyten

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't LaserDisc be more analogous to vinyl? Both use 12" discs, both are analogue, both have a certain aesthetic appeal, and both have been rendered completely irrelevant thanks to advances in digital delivery.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts