Help needed wiring up new Panasonic Home Cinema system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have just bought the following items and never having had an HDMI setup before, would really appreciate your help and guidance in how best to rig these units up. I also would like to know how many cables (HdMI and Optical) are required, plus advice on what types/quality ones would suit this setup,as well as what lead fits in which unit.

->Panasonic SC-BT200 Home Cinema System

->Panasonic DMR XS350 Bluray/Freesat/HDD

->Samsung SAMSUNG UE46B7020WWXXU LED TV

->Sony PS3

Many thanks in advance : )

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
SC-BT200 to TV via HDMI

DMR-XS350 to TV via HDMI

Sony PS3 to TV via HDMI

DMR-XS350 to SCBT200 via optical (set to bitstream in audio settings)

PS3 to SCBT200 via optical (set to optical in audio settings and bitstream in DVD/BD settings)

TV to SC-BT200 via RCA analogue audio

Cables required:

3 x HDMI

2 x Optical

1 x RCA phono

Jobs a goodun!

A

Anonymous

Good question as i am thinking about buying the Panasonic scbt200 home cinema and i need around 7 metres of cable. Does anyone know?

Thanks steve001

A

Anonymous

They are 8 metres each,i rang panasonic has i will be purchasing one.Hope this is of some help.

A

Anonymous

I have just had all my items delivered and I have decided to add my Panasonic DMR EZ 47V(VCR/DVD Combi) to the other items I have listed here. Please could you help me with answers for the following questions:

1. How do I best link this up with the other items?

2. Do I really not need an Optical from the tv to any of the components?

3. The Samsung TV will be just over 5 metres away from the rest of the equipment - What 6 metre cables (HDMI & RCA) would you recommend for this set up? - I want to replaster the wall and hide these cables within to keep it tidy. I don't want to go wild with the pennies but I don't want to compromise any sound or video quality from the components I have chosen to buy.

Hope you can help.
emotion-1.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
1. I would just connect it direct to the TV via the best video connection available i.e. in order of HDMI/Component video (green/blue/red)/SCART. What connections does the DVD/VCR have?

2. If you do connect the optical from the TV, you would need a 3 way manual optical switch as the 2 optical inputs are already taken up.

3. Pro2 HDMI cables from hdcable.co.uk (lifetime warranty). For phono cables, I would check out markgrantcables.co.uk. He advertises in WHF and can vouch for the quality of his cables. He uses good components and has great service. He also sells HDMI cables, which I can also vouch for.

A

Anonymous

I tried Mark Grant cables website and it looks like he has sold out of RCA cables.

I know it sounds a silly question, but does the RCA phono cable have a red and white to a red and white - or is it a red, white and yellow to a red, white and yellow? Just need to know what it is I have to look for.

Also does using the RCA phono lead mean I am going to lose much quality rather than using an optical switch?

Thx for all your help so far :)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If Mark Grant's site is still down, try bluejeanscables.co.uk, they use the same components and are good value. I've bought a few cables from them in the past. The stereo phono cable will only have red/white audio connectors, the additional yellow cable is a composite video cable.

As for whether the optical output will be any better than using the analogue one. You would need to compare the two yourself but as it's TV audio, personally I wouldn't worry too much about it.

A

Anonymous

Thx so much for your help. Placed my cable orders now and looking forward to wiring it all up at the weekend !

EMcG

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello, just about saved up enough for this system. So now I just need to sort out the wiring.

I have a Panasonic TX-L37G10 and a SKY+ box plus the SC-BT200 to all connect together.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what cables I'll need and how this kit should connect up. I'd like to get the TV/SKY+ sound through the Home Cinema system - not just the Blu-Ray audio.

Thanks

EMcG

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
So, just so I'm clear;

SC-BT200 to TV via HDMI

TV to SC-BT200 via RCA analogue audio

SKY+ to SC-BT200 via Optical

Am I right?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

I've been led to believe (from previous posts) that you cannot get TV/Sky+ through the Home Cinema System. For this you would need either a Blu Ray disc or Sky HD.....am I right on this one please....if not, then I need to seek further advice on my setup.

I hate having to connect all these cables, so fiddly and some SCART cables are so inflexible that they come out of their sockets as soon as you move an appliance.

Thanks

Dave

daveh75

camerashy:

I've been led to believe (from previous posts) that you cannot get TV/Sky+ through the Home Cinema System. For this you would need either a Blu Ray disc or Sky HD.....am I right on this one please....

No,not true.

It is possible to get tv/sky+ through an home cinema set-up,but it is largely dependent on the kit and what connections it has available.

A

Anonymous

Hi Davh75 - could you explain more please.

I have the Pana TX-P46G10B and the Pana SC-BT 200 so would appreciate it very much if you could explain all the connections I need to make and then I could check them against the ones I have in place at the moment.

If you could help it would be really great as I was a little disappointed at first when I found out that my setup was not playing TV?Sky+ through the HCS.

Thanks

Dave

A

Anonymous

Sorry, should have also mentioned that I have Sky+ as well as the above.

Dave

daveh75

camerashy:
Hi Davh75 - could you explain more please.

I have the Pana TX-P46G10B and the Pana SC-BT 200 so would appreciate it very much if you could explain all the connections I need to make and then I could check them against the ones I have in place at the moment.

If you could help it would be really great as I was a little disappointed at first when I found out that my setup was not playing TV?Sky+ through the HCS.

Thanks

Dave

Just been checking the tech specs on your G10 and BT200 to see what input's/outputs they have.

Both your G10 and Sky+ have optical output's and the BT200 has 2 optical inputs,so you just need 2 optical cables.

To get sound from your G10's internal tuners running through the BT200, you need to run an optical cable from the G10's optical output into 1 of the 2 optical inputs of the BT200.

To get Dolby Digital 5.1(when available) sound from the Sky+, run an optical cable from it's optical out into the BT200's other optical input.

Obviously,you should also have a HDMI cable running from the BT200 to the G10 for video,and a scart running from the Sky+ to G10 also.

A

Anonymous

Have you had surround sound before,what does your system sound like, the reason i ask is i was considering the Panasonic SC-BT200 Home Cinema System myself but was not sure if it would be a vast improvement or whether to wait till i can afford av reciever and speakers. Anyones thoughts would be helpful.

A

Anonymous

Davh75 - many thanks for the detailed info. it's really appreciated.

I only have 1 optical cable at the moment so I'm missing out on something here.

will check out my wiring against your info. and see where the shortfall is.

thanks again for all your help.

Dave (camerashy)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts