Help Needed - Onkyo TX-SR806

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I am looking for some help - I have an Onkyo TX-SR806 receiever which I am having difficulty getting HD DTS / Dolby Digital HD etc. on. It used to work fine until I changed some settings but I don't seem to be able to get it back to how it used to be - I can either receive an HD picture with non HD sound or full HD sound but with no picture. I have spent ages trying to reolve this and guess I am probably overlooking something very simple . Any help most appreciated

A

Anonymous

Settings changed on the amp - I was using THX for TV via satellite

A

Anonymous

It's all hooked up via HDMI and I went through process of setting up using HDMI and went through every part of the set-up - I am guessing I have overlooked something fairly fundamental

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm not really sure what to tell you really. If you were only getting standard Dolby Digital / DTS, then this normally means something is set wrong on the Blu-Ray player rather than the amp (though it's worth checking the Onkyo is on Auto mode and also checking the Listening Mode Presets on the Onkyo). The fact you can get HD audio but then get no picture is completely baffling though.

Did you buy from a bricks and mortar retailer or online? If bricks and mortar, I can only suggest giving them a ring to see if they can guide you through or if you can take it in for a check.

A

Anonymous

Hi , just gone through and re-set everything and hey presto I am back in business but not sure what I did.

Many Thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts