Help me find a DAC and a better avr

gorg.4

Mar 12, 2024
Visit site
Need some help finding some parts for my setup...
Currently, this is my path. Using my tidal account I stream over wifi to a Chromecast Gen 2 (44.1KHz) which is connected to a digital audio splitter. That is connected via optical to a Pioneer VSA-E08, where I am using pre-amp out to connect to a Kenwood KM-X1. The Kenwood then powers two Wharfedale Atlantic 500 towers. I also have a Klipsch synergy Sub-10 but the Pioneer is missing a remote, so I can't configure it to have sub out :/ I have ordered a programmed remote for the Pioneer from Remote Control World in Czech Republic but I'm not confident it will be possible, since the original remote is a proprietary mini-lcd screen with two dpad inputs...
Can anyone with more experience spot a bottleneck?

I want to get either a WIFI DAC or a better receiver but I'm wondering if either is even worth it. I have my eyes on a second-hand Nexum Tunebox 3 online, would that do the job?

Also if anyone has a VSA-E08 Remote lying around that would be glorious.

Fandango Andy

Need some help finding some parts for my setup...
Currently, this is my path. Using my tidal account I stream over wifi to a Chromecast Gen 2 (44.1KHz) which is connected to a digital audio splitter. That is connected via optical to a Pioneer VSA-E08, where I am using pre-amp out to connect to a Kenwood KM-X1. The Kenwood then powers two Wharfedale Atlantic 500 towers. I also have a Klipsch synergy Sub-10 but the Pioneer is missing a remote, so I can't configure it to have sub out :/ I have ordered a programmed remote for the Pioneer from Remote Control World in Czech Republic but I'm not confident it will be possible, since the original remote is a proprietary mini-lcd screen with two dpad inputs...
Can anyone with more experience spot a bottleneck?

I want to get either a WIFI DAC or a better receiver but I'm wondering if either is even worth it. I have my eyes on a second-hand Nexum Tunebox 3 online, would that do the job?

Also if anyone has a VSA-E08 Remote lying around that would be glorious.

I have no experience of the Nexum Tunebox so can't be any help. Just curious, the obvious answer is a WiiM Pro Plus have you looked at them?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Think we could find you somthing cheaper than a wim that’s far more usable

Look out for a Yamaha rx-v1900s can be had pretty cheaply

Anthem mrx 300/500s

And for a little over the price of a wippy wim with all the streaming smarts and all the digital connectivity you can shake a stick at, Look out for a Yamaha rx-a1060

All secound hand mind

These remove box’s and clean up your system

TRENDING THREADS