help guys - rotel pre/power vs denon 1910/stereo amp with B&W 805s

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I am thinking of replacing my onkyo 905 (it just doesn't excite me). Speakers are B&W 805s and HTM4s front channel (rear channel not purchased yet - see my other post). room is 7m by 5m

Primary usage is movies although i love to listen to music but just do not get the chance as much as i would like.

I like the look of the rotel 1570 processor and 1565 power amp. i cannot demo with the 805s as only single brand dealers where i live.

Would i be better going for a cheap denon 1910 amp and throwing the rest of my money at a kick ass stereo amp with built in Dac (moon 3.3 or supernait). All my music is on my apple TV in lossless format. blu ray movies from oppo or PS3 or apple TV.

The Sony amp that what hifi raves about is not available in singapore so that is not an option.

Another option would be to go the pioneer lx82 or arcam avr600 route.

As my music is all lossless, I never listen to CD's anymore hence the need for a DAC somewhere in the mix. music is extremely varied but my love would be female jazz vocalists - stacey kent, ella, nina mixed in with a bit of pop.

One BIG requirement is that it is easy to use for my better half. i.e. one/two buttons to press at the most

Money is not really an issue but i would like value for money

I am really lost at sea here and would love some guidance.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Before you spend a lot of money replacing the 905 try bi-amping the main speaker, I found a huge jump in sound quality with music. You do lose the 7.1 ability though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts