Bluray a go-go?

Since we've had our new LG TV Christmas before last, I haven't used our Panasonic Bluray player.

The picture is still fantastic and the sound quality through the amp is still impressive - don't even know where the remote control is, seems to have grown legs.

Had this player years, found for me by @bigboss but the streaming services in the TV is so much easier, despite, even through the Dac, the sound isn't quite as as good as a Bluray disc.

Reactions: bigboss and Minkey1

Minkey1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
For casual/serious viewing, we’re happy to stream from our “new” LG C3, especially from the Apple TV+ app. HQ audio is passed to the amp via eARC. The BT/EE TV Pro box, not so much now.

But for serious/serious viewing, it has to be our cheap but still trusty 4k Sony UBP X700. I wish it had a display, but that aside….

Have to agree streaming is convenient, there’s that.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Streaming is so easy but if I want good sound I always head for physical media. Only issue I have is I seem to get more than my fair share of dodgy discs if I opt for a series, might be my player but it seems okay with every disc except one random one. Had this with Game of Thrones, Caprica and Battlestar Galactica, never get an issue with films, just series.

Streaming is so easy but if I want good sound I always head for physical media. Only issue I have is I seem to get more than my fair share of dodgy discs if I opt for a series, might be my player but it seems okay with every disc except one random one. Had this with Game of Thrones, Caprica and Battlestar Galactica, never get an issue with films, just series.
Had a few dodgy discs, even from reputable suppliers. Joys of disc spinning.

A couple of weekends ago we decided to watch 28 Days Later post-pub. Good job we weren't reliant on streaming for that - though the sting in the tail was that we couldn't find it anywhere. Turns out my brother had borrowed it and forgotten to return. A crime now rectified! Having an awful lot of physical media (and being of a certain age) I doubt I'll ever change.

DCarmi

I find the other problem with streaming video, is finding something to watch. I have been known to spend ages hunting in various assorted services looking for something watch. Then I start watching something and it is boring or not for the mood I am in and the search process starts again. If someone else sitting with you, it gets even more complicated. Looking at the shelves of DVD/BluRay next to me I can see many hours worth of neglected stuff wanting my attention.

I've got rid of Disney+. Netflix is going soon. I'll keep Prime but only because we use their other services (clever Amazon).

At least with music, everything is in one service, whatever service you subscribe to.

I find the other problem with streaming video, is finding something to watch. I have been known to spend ages hunting in various assorted services looking for something watch. Then I start watching something and it is boring or not for the mood I am in and the search process starts again. If someone else sitting with you, it gets even more complicated. Looking at the shelves of DVD/BluRay next to me I can see many hours worth of neglected stuff wanting my attention.

I've got rid of Disney+. Netflix is going soon. I'll keep Prime but only because we use their other services (clever Amazon).

At least with music, everything is in one service, whatever service you subscribe to.
Luckily, our daughter pays for all the streaming channel. If I was to pay I wouldn't have Disney + or Netflix. I would be happy to have just Prime and the freebies channels. I'm not a big film buff.

Reactions: DCarmi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts