Help for a noob, please

Skipp

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I am new again, after years of cd's and mp3's, to lp's.

I have been searching for a decent turntable and recently got 4 stereos that were being thrown out.

they all have various problems. One that the turntable (bsr) works and is an am/fm with 8 track. The 8 track only works on the left side. All of them have notes on them with all their problems. This is a Life Tone 1901 stereo. I've never heard of them. Anyway. I'm Trying to figure out if I need a separate receiver for it. It has a headphones jack so I was figuring I could just plug speakers to the Rca jacks on back. Their marked Speaker left, right, front, back, and are marked 8 ohm. This is my first old stereo in a l-o-n-g time. I have 3 more to play with if I can get this one going. I can send or post pics if I figure out how to. The other 3 are zenith Allegro,Sony HME-118, and an unmarked stereo with a Garrard 5 300 turntable.

thanks in advance for any input. I'm looking forward to getting back into LP's

Welcome! These all sound pretty ancient, and - no disrespect intended - were never hifi even when brand new.

If you have a pair of working speakers and can post a pic of the terminals, there is enough know how here to get you connected. Also, suggest a pic of the headshell and cartridge, and please don't go playing a new £20 LP with a forty year old record player! There may be no stylus at all, or a seriously worn out one.

What do you listen to your CDs on? Any sort of mini system or hifi?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts