Help connecting PS3 to speakers

isafish

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've been looking to connect some old Sony speakers to my PS3 in order to have the right and left audio from the system playing from two seperate speakers.

On the PS3's end, i am looking to output the sound via an RCA cable, but the speakers connect via standard speaker cable. How would it be best to connect the speaker wire and RCA output from the playstation?

Thanks in advance.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Unless the speakers are active or powered (and your reference to standard speaker cable tells me that they aren't) you are going to need an amplifier. The output from the PS3 won't work straight into the speakers even if you manage to jerry rig some kind of frankenstein connection.

Maybe a cheap T amp like something a Topping amp might be the cheapest and easiest way to go, but hard to say how powerful the amp needs to be without knowing about your speakers.

Also, this section is for showing off your system. You'll probably get more answers in the Hi Fi section at the top of the forum.

Edit - Looks like a benevelent mod moved it for you (or I'm losing it). Cheers.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Optical out into a dac or hdmi into a av reciever

HDMI into a receiver seems the easiest, assuming you have the space. I'm sure you can pick up a cheap one 2nd hand. Optical out into a DAC you're still left needing amplification. I know some TVs will take the HDMI input and let you output via RCA, so the TV effectively works as the DAC.

The easiest and probably cheapest option would probably to get an all in one av system and use the optical out from the ps3 to the optical in on the processor /amp.They can be had from your local electronic chain store at prices from £80 or a sound bar is also an option.If you're after better sound quality,a separate digital to analogue converter and decent two channel amp is the way to go,but the speakers also have to be of good quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts