Hegel H1 mk4 - anyone familiar with it?

Hans_2049

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
I can't find too many authoritative reviews on this one, which I have discovered at a local shop for a good knockdown price.

Curious what the trained ears on this forum might say of it in comparison to others at its price point.

It would be driving some old Jamo D series for the time being, pending eventual upgrade..

Thanks!

I can't find too many authoritative reviews on this one, which I have discovered at a local shop for a good knockdown price.

Curious what the trained ears on this forum might say of it in comparison to others at its price point.

It would be driving some old Jamo D series for the time being, pending eventual upgrade..

Thanks!
Trained ears on this site cannot help you with your choice of amp only you can rate it.
If it's in a local shop go and listen to it. Or better still get them to allow you to audition it at home with your speakers.
......and you haven't mentioned price point.

Hans_2049

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Trained ears on this site cannot help you with your choice of amp only you can rate it.
If it's in a local shop go and listen to it. Or better still get them to allow you to audition it at home with your speakers.
......and you haven't mentioned price point.

I have auditioned it in shop, and I probably will try it at home as well. However my experience with various amplifiers is very limited so I want to know what others think.
The Hegel H1 mk4 was normally going for about 2k and is marked down to 1k. It's a former demonstration version.

I have auditioned it in shop, and I probably will try it at home as well. However my experience with various amplifiers is very limited so I want to know what others think.
The Hegel H1 mk4 was normally going for about 2k and is marked down to 1k. It's a former demonstration version.
1 k what? It is a little tricky at times rating items as this is an international site and we have no idea whether we're speaking dollars, krona or whatever.
It is also doubtful any forum member owns one of these amps and even if they do it really isn't go to help you.
You have to audition with your current speakers or those you intend to buy .

Hans_2049

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
1 k what? It is a little tricky at times rating items as this is an international site and we have no idea whether we're speaking dollars, krona or whatever.
It is also doubtful any forum member owns one of these amps and even if they do it really isn't go to help you.
You have to audition with your current speakers or those you intend to buy .
1k strawberries.. if I was referring to any scandinavian krona then I wouldn't even be asking this question :)
Is there any reason why this amp is so unknown? Hegel in general seems to be quite niche.

TRENDING THREADS