HD600 + IBasso DX170?

MrOzog

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

My general question is: Will the iBasso DX170 be a good choice for Sennheiser HD600 headphones?

Currently, I am using Sennheiser HD600 headphones connected to the FiiO K5 Pro amplifier, and the amplifier is connected to the computer via USB. I listen to music from Apple Music, Qobuz, and ripped CDs. My musical preferences include electronic, rock, metal, opera, and other genres.

In my opinion, the current setup (K5 Pro + HD600) sounds very good, which means:

The sounds are perceived not only inside the head but also around and in front (the so-called "soundstage"). The bass is strong and reaches fairly low. The soprano range is audible but not intrusive, allowing for prolonged listening. Even at low volume, the headphones play with energy and dynamics - I often listen at a relatively low volume because, as you may know, HD600 sounds equally loud inside and outside the headphones. I currently have this setup, but it is stationary, and I would like to have something portable. I'm considering a player/amplifier that I can connect to my phone (iPhone) or a DAP (Digital Audio Player) which might be an easier, faster, and more convenient solution.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the iBasso DX170. It has received many positive reviews. My question is, will I lose any of the mentioned advantages of my current setup? Does the DX170 have enough power to make the headphones sound good when I listen at low volume?

If not the DX170, is there another model that won't deprive me of the advantages of my current setup while providing full mobility and ease of use - plug and play?

Apologies in advance for the non-technical language. 😊

Friesiansam

The manufacturers spec, on the iBasso website, doesn't mention output power but, is unlikely not to be enough to drive your headphones. Probably the best thing to do, is to buy the iBasso from somewhere with easy, no quible returns, like Amazon , give it a good try-out yourself and, send it back if you don't like it. No-one else can tell you, how it will sound to your ears.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts