Have I done the right thing ?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening everyone I've just bought an LG55LW550T passive LED TV, which will be delivered on Tuesday. It was a cracking deal with the sky cashback and cost £1269 (inc a 5 year warranty). I went for this screen as I prefer the passive 3d and can see a flicker on all active sets I've tried. But then, like an idiot I started to google the arguements between passive and active 3d ..... everything I have read thinks that active delivers a better picture and don't like the fact that passive removes the possibility of true 1080P 3D. Having said that, the images I've seen (avatar etc) have been cracking on the LG. I was told today that LG are working on a firmware update to allow full 1080p 3D via passive, fingers crossed. My question to you all is.... Is this a decent performing TV in both 3D and 2D formats ? and can passive 3d compete with the active sets ??? I certainly hope so, as I don't get on with the active glasses !!!! Cheers

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think you answered your own question. If you don't get on with active shutter methods of 3D playback, I can't see the logic in buying such a TV. And if you thought images were "cracking" on the LG, simply sit back and enjoy your new toy.

I understand where you're coming from, though. Nagging doubts after a major purchase are common. Eventually you'll stop worrying and get used to the set.

Finally, scouring the internet for reported flaws does you no good whatsoever: it only brings possible niggles to your attention that you'd perhaps have overlooked otherwise. If there's anything drastically wrong with the set you'll notice it pretty quickly.

Otherwise, if you're happy with the TV, that's all you need to be concerned about.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts