Has Merlin Cable Gone Out of Business

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I have a serious problem with the delivery of my paid order to Merlin. Now their email addresses are no longer existing. I tried to send the below mail to Paul Usher but the the delivery failed permamently, also John Harrisons mail does not work:

"Hi Paul,
>
> I read from whathifi forum that all delivery problems should be reported to
> you.
>
> You can see my correspondence with John here. I paid my order (set of six
> Merlin Mozarts 1 m) on April 22nd through paypal.
> Originally John said that my cables will be manufactured April 30th and
> sent
> latest on Monday May 3rd. Then he said that he was sick and will send them
> as priority on May 14th. Now it is May 30th and I have not received the
> cables yet. What's the problem?"

Do you know what's the problem with Merlin or should I try to get my money back?

A

Anonymous

Hmm... website is down too. It may be that they have chosen the long weekend here in the UK to switch servers and update the site - perhaps also affects emails?

Still, disappointing they do not appear to be fully on top of this yet.

A

Anonymous

Hmm... trying to access Merlin website: "The domain merlincables.com has expired".[EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE STICK TO FACTS, NOT SPECULATION]

matthewpiano

I would contact futureshop, as Merlin's new distributor. They won't be able to help with your specific order, but they might be able to put your mind at rest regarding Merlin's existence and they might even be able to give you a different contact number for them. Do bear in mind that, with the change in their distribution set-up, Merlin may simply be making some significant changes to their web presence.

A long shot but it is worth a try.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Indeed, this may just be down to the change in Merlin's distribution network as previously discussed. I've left a message for Paul at Merlin, asking him to post on here with an update.

A

Anonymous

Regarding the cables themselves: does anyone know why there are hardly any reviews of Merlin high end cables? Any plans for What Hifi to get some in for review?

Scorpion/Dragon for example.I was always interested in these cables but without having a guidline and lack of time doing A/B comparisons - I had to change suit and purchase Chord Signature speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Unfortunately due to changing over networks and hosting companies there were issues with the migration and the hosting went down and transfer of domain. . All up and running now. I have spoken to Abdul at Futureshop and will ring Andy Clough now to let him know. Futureshop have stock of products like the Mozart and free stock is now available. Any issues please contact me directly. Sorry for any concerns!!

Paul

Merlin Cables

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul and all others,

I would like to close this thread by saying that, something Good is worth to wait:)

I waited for 2 months my Merlin Mozarts (Blu-Ray > AMP). Reasons for the long delivery were understandable, considering the changes in the logistic delivery system of Merlin. I also thank for this thread members for all the help.

My personal verdict of Mozarts: open, clear, natural and dynamic sound, grooving bottom. Good value for money.

Virkkis

SteveR750

SonofSun:Clare Newsome:
That's a mighty strong suggestion for a first-time poster!

Certainly no indication of issues at Merlin as far as we know - other than their failure to communicate re your order, obviously. We'll get in touch with them and see if we can pursue your order....

+1

I think the OP has asked perfectly valid question, regardless of whether he is a first time poster or not.

IMO a perfectly reasonable post, 1st or millionth; which should make no difference unless there is some higher order thing amongst the WHF forums...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I think you'll find there's a secret world government behind this site...
yes big brother at work or maybe fbi or just the mods interesting eh.

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation

I finally got my cables and I am very satisfied with their performance.

[edited by mods - please do not attack other members]

I personally think, that in all HIFI issues opinions are very personal and subjective (in sound quality and service) and that fact has to be accepted. There is no universal truth about the "best", regardless how much scientific evidence you can show, everything is between your own personal ears.

All the best for you all music lovers,

Virkkis

jdp1962

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
virkkis:I finally got my cables and I am very satisfied with their performance.
EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation

Glad you 're happy with the cables. I'm likely to be getting some myself soon.

christinewong

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

Thanks Texascowboy to bring this up and thanks all and Paul of Merlin 's reply.

I have the same problem too as I have placed my order on 29th June 2010 and I just can't get any reply or updates from them. I mailed them so many times but still no reply. Would anyone or Paul can help me to look at it. (ORD201006292) I am so worrying...at least a short reply to me telling that no stock at the moment but rather than just let me waiting! this is not good.

christinewong

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Dear All,

I have got a reply from Mr Usher of Merlin Cables. I have paid by credit card before and Mr Usher told me credit card from other countries are not accepted so he suggested to pay by Paypal. I have settled the bill in Paypal this afternoon and hope to receive the cable I ordered soon.

At least good to hear from Mr Usher and have an updates finally.Thanks all for your information!!~

A

Anonymous

I hate to tell you this, but that doesn't mean anything. I ordered a pair of Mozart Interconnects back in January, wanted to pay by credit card and received an e-mail by Mr. Harrison that I would have to pay via Paypal for a delivery outside the UK (Germany in my case), which I did. On February 2nd Mr. Harrison told me that "delivery will not be until early March as the demand has been so high for the product" and that is the last I ever heard of them. My order is sitting on "pending shipment" since February and neither my e-mails to Paul Usher and John Harrison nor my messages via their web-page have been answered. Absolutely no response whatsoever.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mathias,

I am sorry for the poor service you received. I admit that we had issues with communication earlier this year and have been working hard to improve service and communication.

Looking back through our internal paper work the cable is showing as being dispatched and I am sorry you have not received it. I have dispatched a replacement for you and have also refunded your purchase price for your inconvenience. If you have any questions please contact me on my direct mobile 07764247844 or paul@merlincables.com.

One of the measures we implemented to improve service is we have taken on www.futureshop.co.uk who have the products in stock and provide great service.

A

Anonymous

We sent Merlin 2 Scorpion and a Verdi cable to be fixes in mid March and are still waiting for them to be sent back. We have managed to contact Merlin by Phone, and were told that they are about to be sent back. As yet no cables! This is very concerning as these cable have cost us a lot of money and are irraplaceble now they are no longer manifacturing the same model.

Even though we have waited a long time we have been able to contact Paul Usher by phone but have had great problemes

with e-mailing (and getting a straight answer).

I think it's a real shame
smiley-cry.gif

We have been a loal customer of theirs since they were a small firm and have never had any problems with them untill the last few months.

[edited by mods - potential libel; we will follow this matter up with Merlin on your behalf]

A

Anonymous

JUST RECEVED THE CABLES YEH!
smiley-laughing.gif
supprize supprize it was the royal mail (no supprize there really!) not only did they send the original box that Merlin sent to the wrong address but they couldn't even be bothered to Knock on the door when they got the right address so we had to pick it up from the depo.
smiley-yell.gif
argh!

Poor Paul has had to send the cables out to us twice with no appolige from royal mail and at no extra cost to us ( what a great bloke) which obviously has cost him.

This is a common for our area i cant tell you the amount of times we don't receive items sent through royal mail.

The royal mail the bain of all small business.

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Paul Usher of Mirlin cables and Claire of what hifi for all their help and suport.

I am so glad that Merlin cables are not going out of business, and wish Paul (and his family) and Merlin cables all the best for the future. My husband is looking forward to meny years of continued shopping from merlin cable.

TRENDING THREADS