Has anyone gone from Sony STR-DN1040 to Denon AVR2200W

Pigin

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
So here I am awaiting the arrival of my new 4k Ultra HD Premum TV and I have money left in the piggy bank thanks to a great deal.

I am thinking that I should perhaps swap out my trusty Sony. theres nothing "wrong" with it, I am very pleased with it but was wondering if anyone has done the swap as above. All the other amps I see dont meet the spec I need for a 7.2 system with two optical inputs and no more than 425mm deep.

Over to you, is it better?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Pigin said:
So here I am awaiting the arrival of my new 4k Ultra HD Premum TV and I have money left in the piggy bank thanks to a great deal.

I am thinking that I should perhaps swap out my trusty Sony. theres nothing "wrong" with it, I am very pleased with it but was wondering if anyone has done the swap as above. All the other amps I see dont meet the spec I need for a 7.2 system with two optical inputs and no more than 425mm deep.

Over to you, is it better?

today i sold my str dn1040 and tomorrow i will be buying the 1200w! will see how it compares over the weekend

Pigin

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
That sounds just like the review I want to hear. Am I right in thinking you will be using a 902 as well?

Please don't feel as though you need to put your school uniform on and speak with a Scottish accent.
tounge_smile.gif
(sorry to those not in on the joke).

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Pigin said:
That sounds just like the review I want to hear. Am I right in thinking you will be using a 902 as well?

Please don't feel as though you need to put your school uniform on and speak with a Scottish accent. (sorry to those not in on the joke).

even i did not understand the joke. will report back over weekend!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Update:

Went in store for my second demo and purchase. Got the 2200w instead as special offer of £349.99 so went for that one. Won't get it till Tuesday now though. So the review will have to wait a bit longer!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have listened to music and watched a blu ray of transformers 4 so far and the difference is surreal. Music is much better on the denon.

Films are also much better. On my Sony I could never hear the surround channels even if they was boosted upto 10db but on the denon I put them at +5 so far and I can easily pick out sounds from each speaker. It is well worth the upgrade. I will never buy a Sony again.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Pigin said:
That sounds just like the review I want to hear.  Am I right in thinking you will be using a 902 as well?

Please don't feel as though you need to put your school uniform on and speak with a Scottish accent.   (sorry to those not in on the joke).

Just realised what you meant by 902. I will not. I have a Samsung js8500

Pigin

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
I have listened to music and watched a blu ray of transformers 4 so far and the difference is surreal. Music is much better on the denon.

Films are also much better. On my Sony I could never hear the surround channels even if they was boosted upto 10db but on the denon I put them at +5 so far and I can easily pick out sounds from each speaker. It is well worth the upgrade. I will never buy a Sony again.

Thanks Nugget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts