Has anyone Else Noticed F1 In HD Today

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't think it is in HD as sky is telling me in is in standard def but on BBC One HD, as many programme seem to be.

But I hoping I am wrong but after watching qualifing it looked standard def to me.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is upscaled SD or just SD as Bernie Ecclestone mentioned that there is no HD for F1 till at least 2012, unless they have all had a change of plans.

A

Anonymous

yea its gotta be upscaled, they probably just mentioned that coverage of the race was on bbc1hd..

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Typical bbc we are forced to pay for there cheep quality trash through our tv license. This is why imo its worth paying skys premium price and get what you pay for . I hope F1 would come to sky to see racing in proper HD glory. Gosh how i despise paying my tv license for bbc

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
grifz:Typical bbc we are forced to pay for there cheep quality trash through our tv license. This is why imo its worth paying skys premium price and get what you pay for . I hope F1 would come to sky to see racing in proper HD glory. Gosh how i despise paying my tv license for bbc

Ah, there's nothing like a good rant on a topic you know nothing about is there?

Sky wouldn't be able to show it in HD either, Bernie isn't allowing it yet.

Jake Humphrey mention on Twitter the other day that it was being upscaled for the BBC HD channel, by that I presume he meant the BBC were upscaling it themselves prior to broadcast but I might be wrong on that.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Im sure i could get my self a cheap hd cam and do a better job on youtube . OK maybe not but come on surely one off the biggest watched and sponsored event world wide should be given the hd treatment . If they can drag a hd camera all the way out to film a dung beatle in africa surely ?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
grifz:Im sure i could get my self a cheap hd cam and do a better job on youtube . OK maybe not but come on surely one off the biggest watched and sponsored event world wide should be given the hd treatment . If they can drag a hd camera all the way out to film a dung beatle in africa surely ?

grifz, you're right of course, but the BBC don't film F1, Bernie's responsible and he's not letting HD in for another couple of years, so you need to pick your targets properly.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Fairplay then im going to report him to ofcom then they will be installed for the grand finally in a fortnight or whenever the last race is on

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As I understand it, F1 is being filmed in HD this year but Formula One Management is not making the HD feed available to broadcasters until 2011.

I assume (but am not 100% sure) that the F1 coverage on BBC One HD will therefore be uspscaled SD.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:
As I understand it, F1 is being filmed in HD this year but Formula One Management is not making the HD feed available to broadcasters until 2011.

I assume (but am not 100% sure) that the F1 coverage on BBC One HD will therefore be uspscaled SD.

Yep, I think thats what Bernie said in a interview with Eddie Jordan a couple of weeks back. Possibly 2011. Lets hope so!

The upscaled HD is quite a nice picture, but you certainly couldnt mistake it for proper HD.

A

Anonymous

grifz:. I hope F1 would come to sky to see racing in proper HD glory. Gosh how i despise paying my tv license for bbc £145 come on get a grip, and frozen for next few yeras. Defo upscaled as jake said at start of brazil.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
grifz:Fairplay then im going to report him to ofcom then they will be installed for the grand finally in a fortnight or whenever the last race is on

What the hell are you talking about? You've almost given James Murdoch a run for his money as most idiotic, unsubstantiated, ill-informed anti-BBC rant of the year. I respectfully suggest you should cancel your Sky contract and use the money to pay for some classes in basic english - also perhaps you should register on the Daily Mail website where you'll find yourself in like-minded company.

And if you think you really can do better, pop out to your local Currys, get yourself an HD camera and film yourself

EDITED BY MODS

- I'm sure it will be a big hit on youtube which, as we all know, is the epitome of quality broadcasting.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow rob i see ive hit a sweet spot here but i guess everyone has a right to have a good rant just like your post ,I would say that puts us in the same catagory, no ,ok i suppose you maybe superior to me so i will say sorry to you Rob and to the bbc. The daily mail not the sport, You work for the bbc dont you Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts