Harsh, Bright, sibilance!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Thanks for that fr0g!

I have been in touch with Stan Beresford and told him my problems and he has been very helpful! He has even offered to modify one of his dacs for me to try and resolve my problems! Ive to send him some of my worst offending tracks so he can fine-tune one for me!

Excellent!

A

Anonymous

Ben if you decide to look at some new speakers try B&W. Like you I found the KEFs a little to forward and bright (especially as my separates are Japanese) but then I discovered the 601's from B&W which just ooze civilized but detailed sounds ;) Not sure that these are available any longer (they were approx £350 at the time I think) but the 600 series is still going strong. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that oeurf.

I nearly baught a pair of b&w 685's but chose the kef's because I thought they sounded better at the audition! They probably would have been the better option for me though, they might have matched my equipment better. But hey, heinsight is a wonderful thing!

Im going to try the dac first and see how I get on. Will keep you posted.

TRENDING THREADS