Harman/Kardon CL Stereo Headphone Review by Dale

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My detailed look at the new H/K CL headphone. Besides the up-front descriptions of the sound, compare the comments for each music track to my other reviews to get a more complete picture.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/harmankardon-cl-stereo-headphone-review-dale

idc

I with with the wife as she added to her collection of products made by Apple and saw these, boxed only sadly. I would have loved it if they had one on dispaly to listen, so will keep my eye out.

The first thing that struck me was their sheer beauty!

Harman_BT_Headphones_Angle%201_OverEar_Final_WHT_RT_v2-e9077de1.jpg

and the weight of the box! The price seems not too bad either at £170.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Isolation is average - sitting 20 feet from the dishwasher, the highs disappear and the other most irritating parts of the sound are definitely suppressed, but the biggest overall part of the noise remains. If I had to rate it compared to around-the-ear closed headphones like the Philips L1 and the ATH M50, I'd say it's not as good but not a lot worse. Does a good job for on-ear I think.

Leakage is pretty low - I put some rock music tracks playing that had a constant sound level, fairly loud, then I pressed the earcups against my leg so they would be sealed about the same as on my ears, and I could hear the sound faintly by getting my ear within an inch of the earcups. The best test is in bed - I didn't go loud there, but at moderate volume the person next to me could not hear anything. You could use these in any office cube and play at a good volume, no problem.

A

Anonymous

Shure SRH-1840, Philips Fidelio L1, Audio-Technica M50, Bose OE2i, Beyer DT-48A, B&W P5, iStreamer DAC, O2 headamp.

please visit the cheap headphones.

A

Anonymous

Shure SRH-1840, Philips Fidelio L1, Audio-Technica M50, Bose OE2i, Beyer DT-48A, B&W P5, iStreamer DAC, O2 headamp. this is cheap headphones

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts