Guitar picking on Spotify . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Been doing a lot of listening on Spotify recently, life has been a bit that way, no time or patience to do much of the vinyl thing . . . although nice when I have had time.

I dont know if its me . . . I enjoy the music presented, I rember 6 months ago when I replaced my PC, Spotify seemed to take on a new life. In my humble opinion it gets better or perhaps I apreciate it more?

Been digging around in the verious back rooms of the country music files . . . came across Brad Paisly, I know its country but the guitar picking is wonderfull with a richness and great musical arangements.

Been to the docs, for an ear seringe this morning, the right hand chanell does work!!! having a few hours of Spotify music this afternoon. Started with Geff Beck, encourages me to turn up the volume!!! Went through a few of his tracks, I then went onto Brad Paisly. Not sure the contrast would work . . . work, I'm still listening to Mr Paisly as I type, give him a try, preferably with a bit of volume. Curently playing 'Chicken Chet' great guitar picking, recomend the album 'Hits Alive'.

CJSF :rockout:

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Look for Adrian Legg...

Thanks for the tip John . . . having a quick ramage through the albums he has on Spotify, excelent . . . no, superb . . . his accoustic work reminds me of Michael Hedges . . . he has the dynamic that Hedges was so good at.

Adrian Legg is on my play list ;)

CJSF

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
How about good old Albert Lee (as himself, with Hogan's Heroes, with Emmylou Harris, ...)? My favourite album, Speechless, does not appear on Spotify, but 'Luxury Liner'(from the album Heartbreak Hill) is a good start [Albert Lee – Luxury Liner]

I once saw him demonstrating his picking techniques... Thought I would faint :help:

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:
Good to have you back CJ, was wondering what had happened to you.

Don't know if it'll be your bag, but try Nickel CreekNickel Creek – Ode To A Butterfly

Nickel Creek – When You Come Back Down

mainly Mandolin rather than guitar.

Cheers

Mac

Thanks Mac, I will have a 'butchers' (butcher hook, 'look';) ) but I'm not in to high pitch, I prefer the richer warmer end of guitar music in general, 'in general', thats a get out cos I do like some, but in small doses. :dance:

Back . . . ? not been away realy, on the side watching. Its simply a matter of keeping myself to myself, I have my views, to old to change, been around a long time . . . I will try to say 'yes and no' in the right places or say nothing at all, which is probably best:read: Dont want to ruffle any feathers, do we . . . ?

I relax, listen to my music, quite a lot of Spotify, no thoughts of change, upgrade, dont even have a hankering to buy vinyl at the moment, its a great feeling, I am satisfied with what I have for the time being . . . another get out :doh:

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
. . . Well there you go Mac, had a dip into 'Nickle Creek', I like it, the 'pitched twang' is not so evident and its mixed well with the other instruments and voices.

The other thing I like is variety, so often small groupes (big groups too!) have a style that is unvaried, track to track, gets boaring. Nickle Creek have put interest and variation into their tunes and songs, excelent presentation, on my play list for further listening.

CJSF

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CJSF said:
Macspur said:
Good to have you back CJ, was wondering what had happened to you.

Don't know if it'll be your bag, but try Nickel CreekNickel Creek – Ode To A Butterfly

Nickel Creek – When You Come Back Down

mainly Mandolin rather than guitar.

Cheers

Mac

Thanks Mac, I will have a 'butchers' (butcher hook, 'look';) ) but I'm not in to high pitch, I prefer the richer warmer end of guitar music in general, 'in general', thats a get out cos I do like some, but in small doses. :dance:

Back . . . ? not been away realy, on the side watching. Its simply a matter of keeping myself to myself, I have my views, to old to change, been around a long time . . . I will try to say 'yes and no' in the right places or say nothing at all, which is probably best:read: Dont want to ruffle any feathers, do we . . . ?

I relax, listen to my music, quite a lot of Spotify, no thoughts of change, upgrade, dont even have a hankering to buy vinyl at the moment, its a great feeling, I am satisfied with what I have for the time being . . . another get out :doh:

CJSF

Sounds like you've got it sussed CJ... in a good place.

Glad you liked Nickel Creek too.

Cheers

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts