guilty pleasures

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
So you know what i mean, those songs you will quite happily listen to on your mp3 player or through your hifi using the headphones but would not dare play through your speakers cos you're scared your partner/flatmate/neighbour etc will hear and be shocked and generally take the pee out of you!.

Mine (one of) is John Denver-Annies song
emotion-10.gif

Go on get it off your chest!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
My love of cheesy music is well-known to the guys in the office, my other half, and my mates - my iTunes collection is shared on our company network under the title Fromage.

Right now my office is resonating to the Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood classic 60s album Nancy & Lee.

Thank God the rest of the team's got better taste!

A

Anonymous

Mine is Vespertine by Bjork. Everyone runs screaming from the room if i put it on.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
DJ Sven and MC Miker G and The Holiday Rap, oh wasn't that so bad it was good I bet Madonna was so happy they did that to her song with those classic lyrics. WERE GONS RING A RAG A DONG FOR A HOLIDAY............. Lock me up now please!! And I even went for the 12"" extended mix! I pit it on the other day and I think my 10 year old Daughter has disowned me now.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I fear I may have brought the WHF office cheese factor back up, along with Clare.

I'm rather partial to Janis Joplin's version of Kris Kristofferson's Me and Bobby McGee.

I don't classify it as cheese myself, but it would appear many do.

Must be the country connotations, I guess.

I was also on the receiving end of much mockery when Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow came out of the office dock being driven at the time by my iPod.

Kuh, I dunno. Some people just have no taste.

Me mostly, by the sound of it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a swift visit to an online shop to buy Sean Rowley's Guilty Pleasures CDs is in order.

Alessi's Oh Lori, anyone?

BTW for anyone in London used to their Sunday lunchtime afternoon delight with Rowley's show, it's now moved to Friday evenings at 8pm on 94.9FM, DAB, etc. And you can listen online at www.bbc.co.uk/london

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure i have the decency to feel guilty aboout any of my pleasures. I did discover an album called guilt(y? I forget) By Association on which oh so credible indie artists cover 80s classics. Particulary like Mark Mulcahy's version of From This Moment. And The Moony Suzuki's take on Just Like Jesse James.

Now, there are two Mulcahy versions of from this moment. One starts with 30secs or so of whiny vocals by way of an intro, the other jsut goes in to it with him singing properly. The version on the album is the whiney one. If anyone knows how one might find the other one (which i have been able to stream via his myspoace and spotify but not buy),, id be most grateful.*

i do, i must admit, have a folder reserved for music many would consider a bit dairy, such as meatloaf, but it isnt very full yet (plans are afoot), and i dont feel at all guilty about it.

*they are definitely not the same version with the beginning chopped off.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Fingers Lee:Mine is Vespertine by Bjork. Everyone runs screaming from the room if i put it on.

I love that album. Don't be ashamed of a real artist like Bjork. Pagan Poetry is a stunning song. I save my shame for the Howard Jones...Best of that I just got from amazon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts