Granite chopping boards

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just giving my system a proper going over after getting three chopping boards. One each for the fronts and one fo the sub. Biggest noticeable improvement is with the sub of course. The bass is proper sweet and hiugely improved! If anyone is debating to buy choppings boards then i would go straight ahead if i were you!

Watching bourne ultimatum with a big grin right now!

They have also improved the stereo performance of my floor standers, even the mrs noticed!

Hmmm.......to think of it, perhaps a couple of forks will be better aerials
emotion-42.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
only jocking ive got five granite choping boards in my setup one

under each power amp and one under front left n right and one for the sub and i agree it does tighten the base up

i do love a cheap upgrade

A

Anonymous

Sorry, am I missing something here? You're placing granite slabs under you speakers sub and electronics? why?

plusONE:Sorry, am I missing something here? You're placing granite slabs under you speakers sub and electronics? why?

There's a theory that speakers & subwoofers perform better if they're placed on top of a granite slab.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:
plusONE:Sorry, am I missing something here? You're placing granite slabs under you speakers sub and electronics? why?

There's a theory that speakers & subwoofers perform better if they're placed on top of a granite slab.

Isolation.

A

Anonymous

Lol. I'll drop them an email ;) I read on another forum that a guy went to a kitchen company and got them to cut a piece of granite from a kitchen worktop, it looked pretty sweet too!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps you could get one you intend to use (ultimately). "Here Lies GenFish....". Would make an interesting talking point, if a touch macabre.

A

Anonymous

genfish:Lol. I'll drop them an email ;) I read on another forum that a guy went to a kitchen company and got them to cut a piece of granite from a kitchen worktop, it looked pretty sweet too!

It's what i did and it works and looks great.

A

Anonymous

PJPro:Perhaps you could get one you intend to use (ultimately). "Here Lies GenFish....". Would make an interesting talking point, if a touch macabre.

Thats a tip for moneysavingexpert!

Charl:

Do you mind me asking how much it cost? I might do the same as the mrs insisted on wooden flooring for the lounge and the monolith might just bounce all over the place.

A

Anonymous

genfish:

PJPro:Perhaps you could get one you intend to use (ultimately). "Here Lies GenFish....". Would make an interesting talking point, if a touch macabre.

Thats a tip for moneysavingexpert!

Charl:

Do you mind me asking how much it cost? I might do the same as the mrs insisted on wooden flooring for the lounge and the monolith might just bounce all over the place.

I'm from south Africa but if i convert from Rands to Pounds it would be 48 pounds for the 3 pieces. Included in price is pencil edge and polishing. The thickness is 20mm. The slab for my sub measured 440x550mm and 300x440mm each for the front speakers.

I'm also having smaller pieces cut for fitting to the top of my main speakers, looks a lot better than the brick some people suggest.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

ear:Question for you Flintstones out there..spikes or ruber between the granite and speakers?

I tried both spikes and rubber. I preferred the sound with the spikes.

A

Anonymous

ear:and below the boards? nothing?

When i had tiled floors i placed a piece of carpet of the same size under the granite. My cinema room is now carpeted so the granite slab rests on the carpet.

A

Anonymous

ear:Charl you are in south africa right?no portuguese family?

Yip, i'm in South Africa. Not Portugese, from the Dutch Settlers that came to South Atrica in 1820.

A

Anonymous

mgillespie05:do they work on carpets and stand mounts,and would it be worthwile putting my onkyo906 on one. very interesting to say the least.

Mine are on carpets and work great. I don't have standmounts but i can't see why they shouldn't work just as well. Using them in your equipment rack will give your Onkyo a solid base to rest on, what effect they have i can't comment on but there are guys on the forum who use them and could advise. My equipment rack is very solidly built so i haven't thought of using granite in the rack.

A

Anonymous

also read somewhere that if you place heavy objects such as a granite block on top of your speaker cabinets, it also improves the sound quality

----------------------------

Charl .... I used to live in South Africa for more than 35 years (Alberton and Amanzimtoti) .... most of my family are still there .... miss the place, but UK is my home now

TRENDING THREADS