Gladiator Remastered Blu-ray and Exchange Program

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've read that last years Gladiator blu-ray has been remastered and Universal are offering a free exchange if you have the old one, could the WHF team get any more details on this for the UK?

A

Anonymous

Have they re-released it in the UK, still see the same pack as it was before.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, i read about this the other day, you have to send disc 1 and only disc 1 in an envelope to an address in London i think it was in about a months time and then they will send you back the remastered one. If you do some searches on the internet you can find that address.

Obviously my call for a petition has worked
emotion-5.gif

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/398855.aspx

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Think we've got - and indeed shared - this info. Let me try and track it down...

EDIT - Nope, that was the Saving Private Ryan disc-swap. Will dig more!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Address as follows:

Universal pictures (uk) Ltd
'Gladiator Exchange'
Prospect house
80-110 New oxford Street
London
WC1A 1HB

All you do is just send "disc 1" in an envelope with your name and address. Already sent mine off, could take up to a month though guys n gals.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

So the ones in the shop now, are they the remastered ones?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
canada16:So the ones in the shop now, are they the remastered ones?No, i dont believe they are, from what ive read and the way it sounds you can only get it via the address i put on previous post, i could be wrong but i guess itll be a while until they do.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
So does that mean that a remastered edition is in the pipeline for a retail release then? It seems odd that the only way to get the disc is via the postal exchange for the original disc, it must point to a new retail release no?

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
jase fox:Address as follows:

Universal pictures (uk) Ltd
'Gladiator Exchange'
Prospect house
80-110 New oxford Street
London
WC1A 1HB

All you do is just send "disc 1" in an envelope with your name and address. Already sent mine off, could take up to a month though guys n gals.

Cheers

Thanks for that, Jase.
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat:anyone got their copy back yet?

Already, i have not even sent mine off yet, i thought they said about a months time?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

This is great news! I wonder what all those people that defended the original release's transfer with their lives will do now..to swap or not to swap..that is THE question
emotion-5.gif
lol

Here's a reminder of the original WHF review and thread of Gladiator on bluray:

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/299963.aspx

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:deany:is this adress a wind up. what you think claredeany? im 40 not 4 ! I wouldnt wind you all up and yes its the official address from my official source.

haha

Sent mine off the other day
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox:deany:is this adress a wind up. what you think claredeany? im 40 not 4 ! I wouldnt wind you all up and yes its the official address from my official source.

emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I wonder if we will get our original disc back as well?

Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:This is great news! I wonder what all those people that defended the original release's transfer with their lives will do now..to swap or not to swap..that is THE question
emotion-5.gif
lol

Hardly defended with our lives, just attempted to point out the picture quality was, whilst not perfect, not the travesty a lot of people were attempting to make it out to be and still a significant improvement over the DVD release. And I still stand by that.

Of course, if it has been further improved, I will swap the disc out for free - it would be pretty stupid not to. I'll wait for reports on what the improvements are like before I do though.

A

Anonymous

Will you be sending off yours Prof?

To be honest i was reffering to the WHF review, which if was correct the studios would never have done this exchange problem. By doin this they are admitting that the first release was terrible and worthy of a recall.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh come on, we didn't say it was perfect - it got four stars, and stressed that the sound was the biggest BD benefit
emotion-40.gif

As we said at the time, it's a clear step up from the DVD. If there's going to be an even-better version, that's superb news - wouldn't be first time and won't be the last that an initial disc release gets improved on.

The fact that Universal may be paying for that second release is great news - they could have just released an 'ultimate edition' etc (and i'm sure they will anyway).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:Will you be sending off yours Prof?

professorhat:Of course, if it has been further improved, I will swap the disc out for free - it would be pretty stupid not to. I'll wait for reports on what the improvements are like before I do though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts