GIK Acoustics have got some new panels coming out

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Luck be have it I contacted GIK today about ordering a panel and they told me they have a new design coming out in a week or so. I have had a look at the details, I am a good customer so get looked after and too right :)

They are very proud of it for its performance - but its also a very good looker.

This will give it much more WAF Factor and help you under the thumb audiophiles to much better sound!!

Win Win :)

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Luck be have it I contacted GIK today about ordering a panel and they told me they have a new design coming out in a week or so. I have had a look at the details, I am a good customer so get looked after and too right :)

They are very proud of it for its performance - but its also a very good looker.

This will give it much more WAF Factor and help you under the thumb audiophiles to much better sound!!

Win Win :)

Keep us posted...pics would be nice when they're available.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will try - I am sure there will be something go up on their site and I dare say a mailshot of the mailing list.

I have been sent details but I wont link to them as its not fair, I wouldnt do that.

They do look very nice to me - if it means you can have them in a home environment without upsetting the wife them as I said before win win as for me they are more than worth their money for what they do

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
This is the new product from GIK

Details have not gone live on the UK Site yet but Dave @ GIK UK / Europe I am sure is ready to sell these

They are very nice looking and could be easier to get past a moaning wife, well they might just moan less.

GIK-4A-Alpha-Panel-blonde-black-panel-510x600.jpg

I have found once their up the moaning does stop until arguement time, when obviously it resurfaces frequently but so does everything bad I do / I do wrong :)

GIK-4A-Alpha-Panel-blonde-face-black-510x600.jpg

4A-Alpha-Panel-group-w-242-Acoustic-Panels-sidewall-510x600.jpg

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess the result of the WAF-test will also largely depend on the size of the thing. Any idea about the dimensions?

I suppose it's a "mixed" panel (some absorption, some scattering), right?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes it is

There is info on the site - they look smaller than a standard panel, sizes should be on there?

Yes they scatter and absorb with very high coefficient in the 100 -50hz range from memory the panel acts a bit like a herm Holtz by all accounts

They have had them lab tested like all the panels

You can get scattering built into the standard panels as well.

I am just getting into diffusion. I have my room heavily treated with absorption so now going to try and improve the room with diffusion.

All cash permitting lot on at the mo

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
This is the new product from GIK

Details have not gone live on the UK Site yet but Dave @ GIK UK / Europe I am sure is ready to sell these

They are very nice looking and could be easier to get past a moaning wife, well they might just moan less.

I have found once their up the moaning does stop until arguement time, when obviously it resurfaces frequently but so does everything bad I do / I do wrong :)

Im sure they do the job but man who would want that on your wall? Forget the wife

Your looking for a divorce lol
How much does one cost?

And people talk about the looks of an amp under a stand

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
Looks like a giant barcode.

Haha You are not far off Chebby. It is actually a binary scattering pattern. I know sometime this type of panels are designed with pretty patterns but we always look at performance first. Thanks Terry for the post. These will hopefully be on sale throughout Europe this week / early next week.

At first they will just be in the beech colour but the back can be in any fabric you choose. The dimensions for this first panel are -

595 X 595 X 100mm

There will be others in the range as we go on but as Terry points out we like to have them officially tested first. We were super surprised at how well these performed and hopefully will be a good edition to our family of products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I love my GIK panels, I wouldnt listen without them personally. My wife doesnt like them at all, but she is used to them now and understands thats how it is. People spend killer amounts on kit and agonise over demo's and testing, for me the room is just as if not more important if you really want great sound

I wish I had factored more diffusion into my room at the start so these look like an ideal solution to do just that while still absorbing.

This is not GIK panels but its a good video of a treated vs untreated room directly playing same song on same kit next door to each other which ids a very good demo from the seller

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I just found this video where B&W are doing demo's of the older 800's to the new D3.

Look at the effort thats gone into that room's acoustics

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I love my GIK panels, I wouldnt listen without them personally. My wife doesnt like them at all, but she is used to them now and understands thats how it is. People spend killer amounts on kit and agonise over demo's and testing, for me the room is just as if not more important if you really want great sound

I wish I had factored more diffusion into my room at the start so these look like an ideal solution to do just that while still absorbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChVzvgYLzc

For those who attended my seminars at the Nationa.l Audio Show last month as well, I played some recordings in an empty room and then treated room which demontrate the point quite well

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats a cracking video - not seen that Sheggs

The difference in the Kick drum detail was the most obvious, but sound it much tighter.

Listen to how long the cymbals take to decay in the untreated room - ring for ages

TRENDING THREADS