Getting from Sky hard disk to DVd discs..help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone tell me exactly how I can 'archive' some of the stuff on my SKY HD box hard disk to single dvd discs. I am running out of space fast. Am thinking of getting a Panasonic DMR-EZ27 just for this. Dont need it for recording as SKY+ does it so well and efficiently. Could I just run a scart conection from box to box and 'siphon' off?? Thaknks JJ

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes it is that simple, simply conect the 2 via scart and off you go but be warned as some material you have recorded may have copy-protection on it, like WWE PPV or PPV Movies.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

I have been down this road before. Using the same Panasonic DMR-EZ27 recorder to copy from SKY HD. the only thing is the programme you are recording has to play through so you cant watch something else while its recording. Plus I was using DVD-R to copy onto and it wouldnt let me create chapters to delete adverts so I had to use it like a VCR pausing then continuing after the breaks! After I had made up one disc when I came down in the morning or home from work the Pana had turned itself on to the freeview guide mode and wouldnt respond to any buttons on the remote or the unit. It was returned for credit but I havent got another yet. Hope im not putting you off!

A

Anonymous

Thank ou D.J,

Its mainly for series really so may not encounter that. Slight problem with SKY + is that recording is SO easy. All those things I used to think about recording and didn't....now get saved..... :)

JJ

John Duncan

Does Sky+ have, say, a USB output to PC? It may be quicker to download to PC as an intermediary and then burn dics, rather than record to the Panasonic (which has to be done in real time).

The Humax PVR allows you to do this, for example, but it's frustratingly unreliable (in that I've never got it to work).

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Does Sky+ have, say, a USB output to PC? It may be quicker to download to PC as an intermediary and then burn dics, rather than record to the Panasonic (which has to be done in real time).

The Humax PVR allows you to do this, for example, but it's frustratingly unreliable (in that I've never got it to work).[/quote]

This is also not possible because the Sky+ box stores the program as Transmission info rather than stored video to save space and the on-board encoder decodes this info when you select to play yoour recorded info. It is however possible to copy the contents of the Sky+HDD to a PC'c HD but you have toi transfer it back onto the Sky+ box to be able to view it.
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts