Help Needed Please Recording from Sky HD to DVD

deanosborn1

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Am looking after some help please.

I recorded the NFL Super Bowl to my Sky +HD box and would like to transfer it to DVD for my own personal viewing.

The game/show was quite long, and to cram it all onto one DVD would result in a poor quality recording. So I thought i'd dub it to two DVD's. I have recorded the first 4 hours to the first DVD, but how can I dub the second half of the show to a second DVD from my Sky recording without starting at the beginning of the show again? Is it possible to dub from Sky HD to DVD (via scart) half way through a recording or does it always start you from the beginning of the Sky HD recording?

I spoke to someone at Sky on the live web chat but he didn't seem to understand the question.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

jjbomber

I use the Sony 890 for DVD recording which has ample deiting facilities. Transfer it all over and then use A-D delete. You take take out all the adverts, half-time warbler and the power cut. That will be the thick end of 2 hours. What you have left will fit onto a single CD no problem.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

As The_Lhc said, you can define how many minutes in to the programme you want to start playing from.

Select the programme, press select again, then using the right arrow to the side of select, you can choose between start/last viewed/user defined/end. Select user defined, then input the number of minutes into the programme you would like to start from, then press select again.

Or alternatively, you could just fast forward to the place you want to start from surely?

deanosborn1

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Cheers guys.

To copy to DVD I read that you have to hit the green button to choose the COPY option, this is a pain as always starts back at the beginning of the recorded programme again.

Think I'll try the USER DEFINED option tonight.

Also I noticed with the DVD playback of the first 4 hours it had slightly squashed the picture so as to push the Sky Sports logo out of the top of the picture and the CBS Sports score box at the top it had cut in half. I've got it set to 16:9 but does this need to be changed for dubbing to DVD?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Dean

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
You haven't said what you're using to record onto DVD, so there's no way of knowing why you're having picture format problems. You just need to find the right place on your programme and release 'pause' on the HD box when you're ready, surely?

BTW, I wouldn't ask Sky for advice as you're not really supposed to be making copies of their programmes!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts