Getting a freesat signal abroad

daveh75

You can yes,though it will require a substantial sized dish, probably upto around an 2.4metre diameter dish depending on location.You also may not get all transponders,so may be missing some channels.

A

Anonymous

I've retired to live in south west France and get currently Free to Air sat TV channels on my quad LNB with a 60 cms dish. I now want to get a large screen LCD with a Fressat integrated receiver so that I can get HD TV channels. I'd prefer a 46 inch Sony, whenever they finally get around to producing one. What 'hardware' will I need to get with such an installation? Will I need a special quad LNB?

daveh75

essexdelboy:I've retired to live in south west France and get currently Free to Air sat TV channels on my quad LNB with a 60 cms dish. I now want to get a large screen LCD with a Fressat integrated receiver so that I can get HD TV channels. I'd prefer a 46 inch Sony, whenever they finally get around to producing one. What 'hardware' will I need to get with such an installation? Will I need a special quad LNB?Assuming your dish is aligned to Astra2/Eurobird1 satellite's that Sky/Freesat use, then all that is required is an extra feed running from your current quad LNB (assuming it has a spare port), to the Freesat intergrated tv's tuner.

If your LNB doesn't have a spare port,(i.e all the output's are being used) then you can upgrade from a Quad to an Octo LNB(8 port's as the name suggest's).

There isn't anything special about Freesat/Sky LNB's as such, they're standard 'universal' LNB's like any other.

Though the ones that are used with the mini-eliptical dishes,like we use in UK,have a special bayonet fitment that pushes into the end of the dish arm.The LNB's used with standard offset dishes have a 40mm collar/clamp arrangement.

Hope that help's!

A

Anonymous

Hello Daveh and thanks for the response. Much appreciated. I've been surfing the web today and have just found the Sony KDL-46WE5 which is a46 inch LCD TV, it has the integrated Freesat tuner. It's costly at £1244 plus UK delivery and I'll now make some enquiries to see what chance there is of getting it here in France in the near future. I suspect it will take an age to get here, but the model seems to have the French digital TNT integrated tuner, so I may be lucky. As for the quad, I use all 4 in the house at present, but getting a replacement TV will 'free up' one connection, so all I need do is connect the cable into the slot of the Sony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts