Gaming on a Plasma TV - Image Retention

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm after some advice yet again from you all, this time concerning my Panasonic 42G20 plasma when using it for gaming. Yesterday (saturday) i had a long session on Black Ops multiplayer of approx 6-7 hours whilst haing a few friends round playing online and once we had finally finished i noticed some extreme IR at the bottom right hand side of the screen, it seems to be the ammo count that usually appears there and it's still there today despite using the snow method to try to budge it.

Is this something to get worried about? I know it was a long time to be playing any game really but will it go in time or do i need to keep working on it with the snow method or perhaps use my pixel protector dvd which has screen washes on it to try to move it?

I've had the tv since November last year and this is the first time i've had an issue so it's well within the first 200 hours where i know it's critical to not have static images showing but after 7 months use i thought any such issue would not rear it's ugly head which is why i've been careful not to have extended gaming sessions for the first 6 months.

I've also kept the tv in game mode when gaming and kept the contrast and brightness settings up no higher than half way so i don't know what else i could possibly have done to stop this from happening so any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Image retention depending on its severity will disperse eventually, leave the tv on an Analogue signal ( black and white snowey b/ground) for a few hours and it should go, gaming for that length of time is not good for plasma panels. you could also download Pixel Protector (torrent) burn it to disc and run that.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Snakey said:
Did you resolve this issue mate?

Eventually yes....took a week and a half to shift it with a mixture of the analogue snow method and using the various screen washes on my Pixel Protector dvd but it's now gone without a trace of the image. Note to self NO extended gaming sessions in future! Its frustrating that i have to limit my gaming on the tv though so i'm still not happy and i'm now considering changing the tv for something more suited to my needs, gaming and bluray! Thanks for taking an interest mate.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
andy_s said:
Image retention depending on its severity will disperse eventually, leave the tv on an Analogue signal ( black and white snowey b/ground) for a few hours and it should go, gaming for that length of time is not good for plasma panels. you could also download Pixel Protector (torrent) burn it to disc and run that.

Thanks andy that's exactly what i done as my other post shows but it took some time to shift it, i didn't find the analogue snow method very effective so used my Pixel Protector dvd mainly and mixed it up with some anologue snow but my tv seems to dim the analogue signal after 5 - 10 mins of the image beeing on screen hence why i used the dvd mainly. I couldn't find a way of stopping the tv dimming the analogue signal for good the only way around it was if i pressed a button on the remote every 5 mins or so, quite a pain as you could never walk away from it!

Anyway all gone now and thank you for the reply and advice, much appreciated
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts