Fubar IV

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

matengawhat:
I have ordered two seperatly and not had any issues and not been charged any import tax or anything - postage is 15.9 euros and you can pay through paypal

the second one i bought was about £6 cheaper i think because the exchange rate had got more favourable over the week - is was 1.12 euros to the pound up from 1.08 from memory

there is a difference between the fubar IV and the fubar IV plus - the plus seems to have a better upsampling dac in to not sure if any other differences

One of the rare occasions where the EU works in your favour.....

John Duncan

Big Chris:I think most of 'em were reaping the rewards of a £100 discount on the IV, Firestone were having about 3 months ago.

emotion-21.gif

Laceybloke

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Had an email from Firestone Audio to say that my Supplier had been dispatched (At last! Think they were having volcano problems) and it should be here in the next couple of days. Full write up (on here and on my blog) when I've had a chance to give it a good listen!

Laceybloke

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Ooh, look - shiny things!

supplier_angle.jpg

Haven't listened yet, but it certainly looks the business!

Full update to follow once it has been sufficiently run-in.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone taken a look inside the Fubar IV? Is the headphone amp merely a CMoy variant or does it have buffers (chip or discrete) to complement the opamps?

I notice that it claims to use the OPA2604 chip. There is no such chip as a OPA2604, so I assume it uses a brace of the OPA604s. This is a budget chip, so I would think that there are some gains to be had by using something a little more expensive.

Also note, the OPA2627 super chip does not actually exist. Again, I assume this is a brace of OPA627 chips. These retail at around £20+ each.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I jumped on the FUBAR IV bandwagon. The excuse was that this way I wouldn't disturb the neighbours late at night, and I also had a pair of HD595s sitting around being underutilized and not being driven properly.

I have to say, I like it, although without the worry about disturbing people I'm a little afraid that the volume will keep creeping up doing cumulative damage to my hearing. Still, head-fi could be very addictive,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts