freesat signal panny gt50.

shedph

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
hi.just moved house and have freesat set up in room which works fine.i have also run a cable from dish to my panny gt50 but its not pucking up the astra sat signal.i am using a diff cable (single not double as only one input) and not sure if its just standard co ax or proper sat cable.will this b the prob?

cheers.

daveh75

shedph said:
i am using a diff cable (single not double as only one input) and not sure if its just standard co ax or proper sat cable.will this b the prob?

cheers.

Unless it's the cheapest/cr$ppiest generic coax cable with little or no screening, and high insertion losses (the sort of stuff favoured by electrical contractors on new builds) and/or a very long run i'd epect a signal of some sort.

I would first check your connections at both ends and make sure they're terminated correctly, i.e no braid/screening touching the copper core (a commom fault on DIY installs).

Another problem is using/being supplied the wrong size F for the cable. Forcing on an F connector thats the wrong size can crush/damage the cable, which can create an impedence mis-match which causes signal reflections

If you're unsure on how to fit Fs correctly, there's a guide here.

If after checking (and reterminating, if necessary) your f connections, you still have no signal then i'd try another output on the LNB assuming you have a spare. It's not uncommon for a single output to go/be faulty while the others work perfetly.

Also worth trying yor TV in the other room where you already have Freesat working/set-up, by borrowing one of the feeds from your Freeat box, just to rule out a tuner fault with the TV.

shedph

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
cheers for reply guys,eh i have 4 connections on lmb double cable on right two not moved from when working before,and single cable on one the other connection, will double check all connections then check signal, then the other working cable if all else fails to check tv tuner.there is abit of copper wire touching connector will tidy up but think other two are similar and working.

TRENDING THREADS