Free THX Optimizer Glasses!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well, it's been trials and tribulations with US/UK post and customs... but i'm pleased to announce that....

a) All subscribers to What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision will get a free pair of THX Optimiser glasses with their next (November) issue; this applies to all overseas subscribers as well as UK. Please bear with us re receiving your issue while UK post problems blight us; UK subscribers should still have their issues before they are in shops next Wednesday.

b) Every reader buying their November issue in Tesco stores will also receive a free pair of THX glasses.

c) There's a two-page feature on getting the most from the THX Optimizer - with or without the special glasses - in that November issue.

Messiah

Sweet
emotion-21.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As an update - all subscription copies have been dispatched, so are now at mercy of postal systems. First copies should arrive by tomorrow - thanks for your patience!

A

Anonymous

Do you need a DVD or Bluray disc to do this optimisation?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
angelface59:Do you need a DVD or Bluray disc to do this optimisation?

The THX test paterns are found on lots of DVDs, including Star Wars, Finding Nemo and many others.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:
angelface59:Do you need a DVD or Bluray disc to do this optimisation?

The THX test paterns are found on lots of DVDs, including Star Wars, Finding Nemo and many others.

Yep, there are more than 300 discs with the THX Optimiser - full, searchable list here. Step-by-step guide to the optimisation process in our issue.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Clare

All very nice and well done, would be even more nice to receive this months mag (October I guess) 14th already and nothing in the post (although the postman has knocked............twice!)..................is there an issue with delivery?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's the November issue (I know, the dates are crazy due to impending, 13th Awards issue) and it wasn't due to subscribers until Friday 11th at very earliest. Sadly - as detailed above - both postal problems (US and UK) and the glasses being stuck in customs meant subscription issues didn't get into UK postal system until Saturday morning.

I have had confirmation that they're on their way to people - so you should get subscription issues from tomorrow; still a day before magazines hit shops.

And remember, only subscribers - and those who buy mag in Tesco stores - get the free glasses.

Apologies again for the delay, which was beyond our control.

peter8171

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Great, I was just looking to see if there was a delay on the mag. Happy that the reason is that I'm going to get some Optimser glasses. Have wanted a set for ages.

Cheers.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it's a good news/bad news thing - hopefully the delay will be offset by the gift!

(And if anyone doesn't need the glasses, pass them on to someone who'll benefit, even if that's in the direction of eBay
emotion-5.gif
)

A

Anonymous

I'm slightly confused -- not about the free glasses, but the availability of the magazine. I got the November issue from Eason's in Dublin on Saturday, 12 September. Is that too early?

I was very surprised, since I hadn't seen the usual announcement on the site...

Hedgehog

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, take it back at once and wait until Wednesday.
emotion-4.gif

No seriously, the magazines do have instructions on the bulk packaging telling the retailer when they should be put on sale, but some shops seem to just bung them out as soon as they receive them, I guess to save having to remember all those on-sale dates.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I subscribed (just to get the free HDMI cable, yes, I'm going to bin the magazines without reading them...) the week before last, I got a letter confirming my subscription yesterday, any idea if I'll get the new issue with the glasses or will I get the following issue?

Obviously I haven't bothered to actually read the letter to see if that tells me, that would be too easy...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Since fulfillment of the first issue of a subscription can take up to a month or so, I'd think it's a bit unlikely you'll get the free glasses issue. Probably your first one will be the Awards issue...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
a) the issue isn't due on sale until tomorrow

b) we're not stocked in every single Tesco store in the country. Most of them, yes (and certainly all the biggies), but not all - not least because a new one opens every 10 seconds
emotion-14.gif

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
The November magazine is there, just no sign of any glasses. Guess because its a Metro store? No problems, like you say Clare, there's no shortage of stores.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts