Overseas subscribers: delays due to airline disruption

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've been asked by our subscription department to let overseas subscribers know there may be delays in them receiving their next issue of the magazine due to the continuing flight disruption across Europe.

Mail leaving the UK for near European countries is being transferred to road services where possible. Mail for other parts of the world including the US and Canada is being held until flights resume.

The June issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision is due on sale from May 7th. UK subscribers will not be affected.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, but don't tell the travel insurance companies it's an Act of Clough, or they'll be using that to wriggle out of their obligations to all those stranded travellers, too...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well according to my friend stranded in the US, it's all the fault of President Obama, whom has angered God with his health reforms. Or so he heard on Fox News....

A

Anonymous

Don't get me started Andy.... The Volcano didn't erupt over a year ago. I've never ever got my mag on time and I'm still waiting for the May edition!!!!!

Where are you Andrew?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Clare Newsome:Well according to my friend stranded in the US, it's all the fault of President Obama, whom has angered God with his health reforms. Or so he heard on Fox News....

Meanwhile, in other news...

I was just reading that a couple of minutes ago! Makes perfect sense to me. I'd say promiscuous women are at fault for all sorts of seismic activity.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Tom Moreno:Andrew Everard:

Clare Newsome:Well according to my friend stranded in the US, it's all the fault of President Obama, whom has angered God with his health reforms. Or so he heard on Fox News....

Meanwhile, in other news...

I was just reading that a couple of minutes ago! Makes perfect sense to me. I'd say promiscuous women are at fault for all sorts of seismic activity.

The problem is getting them to admit the earth moved.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Already more effects: mobile phone companies suggesting there may be supply shortages as product is air-shipped from factory to European markets, Nissan cutting back production in Japan as it can't get supplies from a component manufacturer in Ireland, and PR people telling us we can't have review samples as they're stuck in transit in airport cargo facilities on the other side of the world.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
...and PR people telling us we can't have review samples as they're stuck in transit in airport cargo facilities on the other side of the world.

Now they've gone too far! Sanctions against Iceland are surely in order.

A

Anonymous

This is the real cause of earthquakes!
emotion-2.gif

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
David, many of them already have, mainly to US and Canada. I lived and worked in Iran for 7 years, and understand the pain these people feel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts