admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My TV kindly tells me the lineage and hertz rate of every input whenever the unit kicks in. Usually my HD disks run 1080p and 24hz (I think....) and that frequency applies to the frame rate too as I understand it. The frequency often changes for the SD elements (NTSC-originated extras for example). I put the HD-DVD of TREMORS in last night and it shows 1080p, 60hz. Any ideas why this should be? NTSC source? Not an issue in HD, I thought? The picture looked lovely, though....

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Casca, I notice you're using the EP30. I've got the same player and although I love it, I have noticed that it can be very flakey at detecting the right output setting. As you know, the last firmware update added a new option in the picture settings that allowed you two choices - 'Auto' or '24hz' which I guess was intended to make it easier for the user. The problem is that the 'Auto' setting is really unreliable and I often find myself having to go into the settings and manually setting it to 24hz. The best way to check if you actually getting 24hz, as you probably know, is to use the remote control for the player and hit 'display'. Under 'Video Output' it should tell you exactly what you are getting. If it says 1080p in stead of 1080p24hz then you are not getting the correct output and need to go into the settings to re-select '24hz'. Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks fuzzy! I do have the latest firmware loaded. Good tip. I'll do as you suggest!

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
No problem. It's a bit annoying because Toshiba should really have sorted out the problem with that last firmware upgrade. Now and then I do find it frustrating to have to go into Settings to have to rectify it. Then you have to start the HD DVD all over again. Oh well, that's the price for perfection I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS