FORUM - TIME TO MAKE A STAND

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

spiny norman said:
insider9 said:
Since some of you are asking about other forums I'd recommend Hifiwigwam. Even if just so you can see and compare of how a forum can be organised and what it can offer to it's forum members.

Vast amounts of advertising and what used to be an enthusiasts' website now overtaken by the lure of lucre?
I'm not saying no. Yes, there is advertising just as much as we get here. Neither WHF or Wigwam are charities after all. Wigwam ads at least fit the page.

I'm not advocating people leaving the forum to join a different one but I'd like to see improvements on this very forum here. For those users who are happy with how things are it may be interesting to join a different better designed forum to see what we're missing here.

I think it would be wrong to have to choose and I'm happy using both. At the same time I share the sentiment of MajorFubar who rightly gets annoyed. Without regular members (you know who you are) this forum would be pointless. And it's not like WHF are doing anything to try and keep them. Only using Wigwam as an example of a forum that's trying to keep their members happy and trying to grow their numbers. The exact opposite we get here.

D

Deleted member 2457

At least that's one way of getting rid of that tosser!
regular_smile.gif

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
spiny norman said:
insider9 said:
Since some of you are asking about other forums I'd recommend Hifiwigwam. Even if just so you can see and compare of how a forum can be organised and what it can offer to it's forum members.

Vast amounts of advertising and what used to be an enthusiasts' website now overtaken by the lure of lucre?

Sorry that is far from the truth, it is a very proffesional well organised site full of very friendly members and an excellent team of mods.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tele1962 said:
Sorry that is far from the truth, it is a very proffesional well organised site full of very friendly members and an excellent team of mods.

The last time I looked it was full of the most foul-mouthed, disgusting, racist, homophobic abuse I have ever witnessed on a forum!

I have read, occasionally, that it has improved since then but i'm not interested enough to have another look.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
tele1962 said:

The last time I looked it was full of the most foul-mouthed, disgusting, racist, homophobic abuse I have ever witnessed on a forum!

I have read, occasionally, that it has improved since then but i'm not interested enough to have another look.

Must have been a very long time ago, because i can't see or find any?

Here is a link for everyone to check out your aligations.

http://hifiwigwam.com/forum/

One of the mods over there took the time to show me a fantastic Hi Fi store in Stockton On Tees yesterday twice giving up his time and saving me a fortune on HiFi equipment.

I have only seen well mannered posts from insiders and posters alike and i take as i see. Of course you will get the odd knuckle dragger on any forum. Can i ask if you are still a member over there?

chebby said:
tele1962 said:

+1

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
chebby said:
tele1962 said:

+1

Your saying you agree, i think i posted a link........where is the behavior you speak of?

insider9

tele1962 said:
Al ears said:
chebby said:
tele1962 said:

+1

Your saying you agree, i think i posted a link........where is the behavior you speak of?
I've only joined Wigwam before Scalford and have nothing but good experiences.

As I said before I don't advocate anyone leaving here but with other forums such as Wigwam simply offering more if WHF doesn't improve I can only see the forum only declining further.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
tele1962 said:

Nop, I dont frequent there.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tele1962 said:
Al ears said:
chebby said:
tele1962 said:

+1

This was acknowledged a few months ago (on PFM) by someone calling himself 'Peter' claiming to represent Hifi Wigwam ...
"Originally Posted by HFWW You won't mind me saying, this comment is total rubbish, I know my business and I know THE WAM, the place was destroyed before I arrived and the disgust and filth you may call 'extremely funny banter' was indeed abusive and off putting to thousands. I let it fester and die in order to weed this out, and then bring it back from the dead, which is now happening. It was all carefully planned since last April."

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Linn forum is an example of how a forum should be run, although I realise that it has very limited appeal to people who don't own Linn systems and even less appeal if you are not even looking to buy a Linn system. If however you do have a question regarding any Linn gear you will get lots of usually very friendly and informative replies that are often peppered with a sense of humour. Linn staff also often contribute to clarify an issue if a post is misleading or if the nature of the post is very technical.

I understand this is of no use to most here but it is generally a much freindlier and supportive forum and a nicer environment in which to exchange ideas etc and I have always come away from there feeling satisfied and safe in the knowlege that there are good folk out there willing to offer help where needed

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but i am a little lost with the quotes and link above coming from PFM and someone trying to put the boot into HIFIwigwam there. As i said i have linked to that very forum so everyone can see first hand that it is a fiendly informative place with loads of posts every day........what i am seing from some guys here is a link to what looks like a disgruntled member.

As i said there are loads of mods who are ready to pounce and i have linked to the forum also, so if you guys can point out the problems you claim please to so. A case of put up or shut up.*nea*

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
Glass Houses... ;)
You would know, you have already insulted someone in this thread with your stupid comments. And you have repeatedely insulted me like other members have pointed out, do it again and i will report all the stupid insulting comments you make! Good day.

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
with the 20 in the HiFi discussion section alone at pinkfish. Count taken from midnight onwards.

This forum seems to be closing in on its expiry date. A shame for those remaining long term members, but hey, that's life.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think this forum started to struggle a few years ago when the number of regular posters started to reduce. Although I'm not a regular contributor, I do surf this forum most days, and being outside of the 'core' group you tend to appreciate why many potential new members/readers are put off contributing. As a forum, we are not the best collectively at engaging with everyone. There is a culture in this forum that along with the lack of any evolving of the format or service offer, is clearly not encouraging new life to breed. Successful entities evolve.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
gel said:

Sorry to disappoint you, 'that tosser' is still here, just away for a while to deal with the family crisis which ensued after my mum died suddenly on 13 May, leaving my crippled 89 y/o dad without his carer. My brother, sister and I have been taking it in turns to provide 24 hour care for him while we wait for the rusty wheels of the under-resourced social services to rotate. Debating politics with financially-privileged right-wing 30-somethings who still live with mummy and daddy has slipped down my list of priorities. I promise to return to form soon, but it will likely be after the funeral on 31 May.

Love and kisses

Major.

insider9

MajorFubar said:
Sorry to disappoint you, 'that tosser' is still here, just away for a while to deal with the family crisis which ensued after my mum died suddenly on 13 May, leaving my crippled 89 y/o dad without his carer. My brother, sister and I have been taking it in turns to provide 24 hour care for him while we wait for the rusty wheels of the under-resourced social services to rotate. Debating politics with financially-privileged right-wing 30-somethings who still live with mummy and daddy has slipped down my list of priorities. I promise to return to form soon, but it will likely be after the funeral on 31 May.

Love and kisses

Major.
My sincere condolences.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
gel said:

Love and kisses

Major.

Very sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences for your loss. Her soul is eternal and in a better place.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
gel said:

Love and kisses

Major.
You have already admitted to abusing me numerise times, when you said I think Gel must think I hate him because of the rude comments you make my way. Not anymore I won't put up with it, reported!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts