Forum poll. Do you have active or passive speakers?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This thread is only intended to be a poll and hopefully it won't turn into a debate about the pros and cons of active vs passive speakers. :)

When I first joined this forum the vast majority of people were using passive speakers and most wouldn't even contemplate the idea of making the move to the dark side. Over the years there seems to have been a gradual swing towards more people using active speakers and I was wondering what portion of you are active and which of you are passive. So...

Do you have active or passive speakers?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
for me in terms of cost, needed nine speakers for my current home cinema system, would have cost thousands more if I had gone active all round, I do however use two active subs so I suppose I have both.

*music2*

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Passive .

I have nothing against Active speakers and would be interested to compare my system with some active PMC's, they would have to be very very good to make even think about changing . *yes3*

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Passive for main hifi.

Active Bluetooth speakers and Sonos for elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind trying out compact actives that do it all like Yamaha NX-N500.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Passive for 34 of my 40 loudspeakers that are currently in use, spread over four home cinema rooms. The other six are active subwoofers. Not connected at the moment are three passive normal speakers and two active subwoofers.

D

Deleted member 108165

Passive, but intend to try some PMC actives in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts