Can you please tell me if I can use active speakers, like Edifier with my mini system LG FA 162?

celinhos

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
Here are some details about the minihifi and the original speakers that i'm using right now :

The connection from my mini system :

And the speakers I'm was planning to buy :

Do you think that it is possible and that it could improve the sound quality ?

Thank you

Marcelo

Witterings

The LG unit you have has a built in amplifier so you want passive speakers not active ones like the ones you linked to.

I don't know about the overall quality / sound of the LG and it's speakers and what budget you have but you could try something like Elac B5.2's or Dali Spektor 2's, personally prefer the Elac's but they're both very good speakers at that price point but as I say I don't know how good or bad the LG one's are to compare.

If you bought a pair of passive speakers you could upgrade your amp in the future as well.

It might be an idea though to give some more information, i.e. what's your music source, is it CD or are you streaming it as active speakers may be better depending on what you want to do in the future.

celinhos

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
Hello Witterings,
Thanks for your quick answer.
For the moment it's about 90% streaming that I plug to the stereo unit with a jack cable (I know that it's a solution that's far from perfect ;-) ) but I will restart to listen (and buy) CD again so I think it will be less streaming in the near future.

Witterings

Hello Witterings,
Thanks for your quick answer.
For the moment it's about 90% streaming that I plug to the stereo unit with a jack cable (I know that it's a solution that's far from perfect ;-) ) but I will restart to listen (and buy) CD again so I think it will be less streaming in the near future.

If you want to stream there are other options that don't involve you having to plug I'm guessing your phone in and will give you CD quality or better depending on what source you're streaming from i.e. Spotify or Amazon Music etc.

I've recently gone from CD's to just streaming because of the convenience and use a WiiM Mini Streamer with Amazon Music Unlimited cast from my phone or tablet.

Reactions: celinhos

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts