For attn of any Partington dealers/owners...

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
What is the deal with Partington's pre-filled stand 'option'. There doesn't appear to be any options for selecting this on dealers websites (using Hi-Fix and Partington's own as examples). The item description blurb states this option available though. What's the truth about this does anyone know please? Also are the Ansa 60's going out of production? Again Hi-Fix have the remnants of the product item page on their www site, but they told me it's no longer available, only the Trophy's. I didn't think the Trophy's were as good as the Ansa's? Does anyone have any experience of Ansa vs Trophy stands? Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Give it a couple of weeks and everything will be back to normal
emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I have had my Trophys for 8 years, but I must confess to not demoing any stands. I went to SSAV with the Wife. I asked to see their selection at around £100 and around 50 - 60cms high, she picked her favourite based solely on aesthetics. I didn't mind, I mean, they're Partington's. They're not gonna be awful are they.
emotion-2.gif

I've got them filled to the top with kiln dried sand.

No complaints here. Nice and sturdy. I'm a clumsy ****** and I've yet to trash them or the speakers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
+1 for Trophys.

I didn't want miniature North Sea oil platforms in our living-room so I got a pair of gloss black Trophy's.

They do the job fine. (And only cost me £80 in a deal when bought with my ex-dem n-SATS
emotion-1.gif
)

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Cheers for the replies.

But going back to the stands pre-filled by Partington issue. Is this an old thing they did but no longer do (David -?). I'd much prefer a manufacturer pre-filled the stand (or have a stand that can't be filled at all) as opposed to one that you have to do yourself as I don't like faffing around with that sort of thing worrying if I got the right quantity of filler in to maximise sound or if I've overdone it and made it overly bass heavy.

It does my head in (as Igglebert will tell you as he suffers my rantings about it often enough at work :) ).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts