Food/cooking bar

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Sorry to hear that - hopefully better times await.

Mum always had tomato soup with bread broken into the bowl - still have it that way, and never understood why my kids don't like it.

I'll always fondly remember treacle pudding with custard (to which sugar was manually added) - lovely, but a heart attack in a bowl and not something I'd have now.

Mum wasn't a great cook - you'll notice that the above are all things from tins!

Yh, we're all tightening our belts. I don't eat breakfast, haven't done since school days

I am increasingly going for cheaper cuts of meat and cheaper fish from the fishmonger, such as cod cheeks, Coley.... meat such as pork belly, shin of beef are becoming more frequent.

Reactions: Al ears
Last night cooked a first dinner in 3 or 4 days. It looks oily and resembling a road accident, but the flavour was sensational. It was just a load of fridge and cupboard ingredients: red kidney beans in chilli and tomato sauce, mushrooms, lots of finely sliced onions, 15 cloves of garlic, dried herbs, carrots, red lentils, a Cumberland sausage to season and add a little interest. All mopped up with a little crusty bread.

I used good quality olive oil and extra virgin

Attachments

• 20220523_014830.jpg
    20220523_014830.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220523_014804.jpg
    20220523_014804.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Al ears
Last night cooked a first dinner in 3 or 4 days. It looks oily and resembling a road accident, but the flavour was sensational. It was just a load of fridge and cupboard ingredients: red kidney beans in chilli and tomato sauce, mushrooms, lots of finely sliced onions, 15 cloves of garlic, dried herbs, carrots, red lentils, a Cumberland sausage to season and add a little interest. All mopped up with a little crusty bread.

I used good quality olive oil and extra virgin
you are right.... Too oily, and only 15 cloves? :)

Last night we had a nice roast Mediterranean chicken dish. Made with herbs, paprika, crushed roasted garlic potatoes (skins on), green beans, whole carrots, roasted peppers and gravy from meat juices and veggie liquor.

The skin on the chicken was so crispy.

Attachments

• 20220529_233401.jpg
    20220529_233401.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: bigboss
I've ordered myself a small meat grinder (mincing machine) with an attachment to make sausages.

Sausages and bacon get bad press because of their high salt and poor quality meat.

I want to prove fast food doesn't have to be bad for you. I have made sausages before using a piping bag.

Once I receive it and had a few practice attempts I'll post some pictures of 'Penguins Bangers'😋

Last night I made mushroom burgers. It was a triumph.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts