Focal vs Monitor Audio

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi again. Just wanted some opinio about focal 706v or 816v vs. Monitor Audio RS6.

All these have great reviews, but I am in doubt. I use mainly for classical music and jazz, but some rock too.

I will use with an Arcam avr350 or Yamaha 863.

Thank you

A

Anonymous

I don't know anything about Focal, but I do know MA are outstanding. I think you'd be better off pairing the MA with the arcam too, the warmth of the arcam offsetting the brightness of the MA's. Having said that I don't know anything abou tthat yamaha either hehe.

What you'll get with MA is cracking bass response and a very detailed, but sometimes bright sound. They also do high volume very well because of their rigid metal cones (I think this is what gives them their bass response too, able to throw those cones that much further without them distorting). Im not sure they are the best speakers for handling classical and Jazz though they will certainly rock your socks off.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
da_grudge:
Hi again. Just wanted some opinio about focal 706v or 816v vs. Monitor Audio RS6.

All these have great reviews, but I am in doubt. I use mainly for classical music and jazz, but some rock too.

I will use with an Arcam avr350 or Yamaha 863.

Thank you

I run a pair of Focal 908s off Arcam P35s - amazing HF and midrange - mine are the standmounts so def not the deepest bass response - i think that Focal is a little overlooked compared to some other brands i could mention and unfairly so - give them all a listen

I have owned a number of MA speakers brom the bronze range upto the RS8s and did have a pair of RS6s and they were great however i now prefer the detail i have over the bass i lost - will you be buying a sub?

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I will have surround system, yes, but not for now. First I will only buy the front speakers and the receiver.

What are the other brands/models you are talking about? My price range is 700 pounds.

thank you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts