Floor standing speakers

sjh06

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

Having recently upgraded my cd player and amp to Cyrus CD8x & Pre Vs2 / 8 Power, i now realise that my current Acoustic Energy Evo 3 floorstanders will soon need upgrading to get the full potential from me new Cyrus kit, does anyone have any ideas what would partner well? I have numbered a few different ones that i think may work but unsue as yet, they are new B&W 683's, B&W CM7, new PMC GB1i & Epos M22i, my room is about 5m x 7m and i listen to a wide variety of tunes lots of dance / trance / brit rock and so on.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I've just heard the GB1is and have no doubt that they'll work well with your Cyrus combo. My concern would be that your room is relatively large so you might do better with the likes of the larger FB1i. Other speakers worth listening to are the Epos M22is and Proac Studio 140s.

A

Anonymous

Obviously down to taste but for me the PMC speakers will be good. If they don't quite do it for you (and if the floorstanders are too expensive for you), try the B&W 683s - loads of bass from those! Too much in my opinion.

sjh06

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys i think i will have to get some demos sorted out with both pmc models
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts