Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I would be very grateful for some help please. I own the following set-up:

> Cyrus Power
> Cyrus Pre
> Mission 751
> Connected to my pc as all my music are mp3s

I purchased the power and pre a few days ago. And the music sounds flat and uninteresting. I would be very grateful for educated guesses and guidance as to why. A few possibilities come to mind:

> Speaker or amp blown;
> Poor quality interconnect between amp & pc
> Poor separates
> I am also only using one speaker at present as waiting for connectors - could that impact on sound so much?
> Or am I being unrealistic expecting decent music from MP3s on a PC?

I appreciate that this is a bit random, but if anyone could use their skills, knowledge and expertise to give me a bit of help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

A

Anonymous

If I were you I would stop running any amp power/integrated on one channel...not good for amp at all, wait until both speakers can be connected maybe your problem will vanish

Cheers
Benny.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for your help. I am just connecting the PC to the pre using a 3.5mm. I will look up the digital to analogue conversion as I am not familiar with it. I just played a CD to see if that was better. It was but it still lacked clarity and punch. Sounded boring.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
plugging a PC into separates of that (high) quality is always going to give garbage sound, MP3s or not. PC's DACs are not HiFi quality.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Oops, didn't notice that you'd put you were only using one speaker! Agree with the others, have both hooked up and run in, then see how you feel. A DAC will bring a big improvement and ripping lossless will cost you nothing other than time.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all so much. I will do as you say and will also look into DAC. I will stop playing the one speaker also. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts