Fed up of being banned

It must have happened a dozen times or more this year. It really puts me off using this site. Tbh, that's why I disappear for months. That, and the first post questions, like, what turntable should I buy for 20 quid, etc.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
That, and the first post questions, like, what turntable should I buy for 20 quid, etc.

Not nearly as bad as "Urgent! Need help now!!!!! What amazing hifi system can I buy for 50p. Need help to decide before buying tomorrow!!!!" *help* *dash1*

bigfish786 said:
It must have happened a dozen times or more this year. It really puts me off using this site. Tbh, that's why I disappear for months. That, and the first post questions, like, what turntable should I buy for 20 quid, etc.

So how exactly did you get banned? Did you pea off the mods or what?

Paul.

tino said:
bigfish786 said:
That, and the first post questions, like, what turntable should I buy for 20 quid, etc.

Not nearly as bad as "Urgent! Need help now!!!!! What amazing hifi system can I buy for 50p. Need help to decide before buying tomorrow!!!!" *help* *dash1*

my gosh, people who need help are utter bastards aren't they!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Paul. said:
tino said:
bigfish786 said:

my gosh, people who need help are utter bastards aren't they!

Of course not, but those who make a mountain out of molehill can be *pardon*

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe stop getting yourself banned?

Cant be that hard. I've managed to post on this forum like a d!€|<head for several years without being banned.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
To the OP,

Are you sure you're being banned, and it's not just the general flakiness of this site meaning you're not let in from time to time?

In general, when things go wrong around here these days, it's more likely to be incompetence or indolence rather than a grand plan at work

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I can't quite imagine what one has to do here to actually get banned these days (and it's all the better for it as it is mostly self regulating).

Swearing, once a ban for certain (I should know) is no longer a reason and even quite heated discussions, some very controversial (I should know) are let taking their own course.

I do miss AE's funny comments (and knowledge, especially on all things Naim ... ) sometimes, not something I would have said five years or so ago (I should know).

The one thing that has always annoyed me about new posters is the opening line ... 'I am a newbie, please be gentle with me'.

Happens a lot, so much so that I sometimes think these first posts originate by the one and same person, someone in Haymarket, to keep the forums changing or to divert from bad tempered posts/days.

That is most probably just cynical old me hatching conspiracy theories :)

drummerman said:
The one thing that has always annoyed me about new posters is the opening line ... 'I am a newbie, please be gentle with me'.

Happens a lot, so much so that I sometimes think these first posts originate by the one and same person, someone in Haymarket, to keep the forums changing or to divert from bad tempered posts/days.

That is most probably just cynical old me hatching conspiracy theories  :)
You should see some of the other forums to understand why some newbies are scared! :D

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
I do miss AE's funny comments (and knowledge, especially on all things Naim ... ) sometimes, not something I would have said five years or so ago (I should know).

Something tells me that me and Mr. Everard would coexist like matter and antimatter on the same forum.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
drummerman said:

Something tells me that me and Mr. Everard would coexist like matter and antimatter on the same forum.

Mmmh, nop, I think you would have gotten on ok with each other. Opposites of opinions are never a bad thing and generally, if you were friendly in your conduct, which you are, made no unfounded allegations, which you don't I believe or tried to promote product, which you are not, there were no issues I can think of.

iQ however, bless his DIY cotton socks, would probably not have found a friend in AE. Just a guess :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
Vladimir said:
drummerman said:

Mmmh, nop, I think you would have gotten on ok with each other. Opposites of opinions are never a bad thing and generally, if you were friendly in your conduct, which you are, made no unfounded allegations, which you don't I believe or tried to promote product, which you are not, there were no issues I can think of.

iQ however, bless his DIY cotton socks, would probably not have found a friend in AE. Just a guess :)

A man of principle then.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad to see him writing for 'Hi-fi News & Record Review'. That has - amongst other things - made my mind up to continue buying the magazine. Maybe an electronic subscription in the New Year. Especially if subscribers actually do get access to their archive. I have to research this yet. (It claims as much but parts of the HFN website are so outdated I don't have the confidence to try in case it's all changed now.)

I've done nothing wrong, no bad language, nothing, other than trying to comment on other people's posts. It seems that if I try to post more than four times a day, I get the message saying I'm banned and I need to report it.

It is very annoying.

almost as annoying as apples auto correct on iPad.

Note from mods: You were never banned. We've added you to the trusted user group which should sort things.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I've done nothing wrong, no bad language, nothing, other than trying to comment on other people's posts. It seems that if I try to post more than four times a day, I get the message saying I'm banned and I need to report it.

It is very annoying.

almost as annoying as apples auto correct on iPad.

Think you can ease your persecution complex, the real problem is this website's ****.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it looks like the abusive spamfilters on this internet portals is in cause there. If I read correctly, it should be fine now.

For myself, I must testimony that this forum is majorly open minded. It's far from the french "sponsored" forum where you can't say anything negative about a brand without beeing banned, or some sexist hifi enthousiast forums like HCFR for example. In fact, I was able, on WhatHifi to pinpoint the bad level of their reviews and they accepted the critic (or ignored it) without a ban. It's not something you could easily do on other forums.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts