Favorite demo/test scene??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Great test discs come and go, but everyone has a fave!!

Be it for showing off to your pals or seeing how well you have set your system up, for me it has to be 2 scenes from

'House of Flying Daggers'

1. The Echo Game (chap.3)

2. Bamboo Fight (chap.11)

Anyone got a scene to make me change my mind and give me a new fave??

(I Am Legend, Mustang through New York, close secend!!)

A

Anonymous

Few goodies IMO.

1. Air crash scene in Knowing (really works those Receivers/Speakers)

2. Master & Commander (literally the whole movie will be candy to your ears)

3. Ronin (Chase scene is just immense on BD)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Here's what I wrote on th 'Off Topic' board recently regarding 'Knowing' chapter 6....

Absolutely blown away on all fronts by this scene (on BD). The bleak grey day, and the rain almost make me want to shiver. The flames reflected in Nic Cage's black coat when he's trying to rescue survivors. The VFX of the plane itself, one of the most realistic effects I've seen. And that's before we get to the sound.

Totally outstanding.

Knocks the beginning bank job scene of 'The Dark Knight' into a close second. (It's a shame certain scenes in 'Knowing' weren't shot in IMAX).

This is now my reference 'blow-my-friends-away-with-Blu-Ray' scene.

A

Anonymous

Before the days of Blue Ray i used to love the the opening sequence of 'Blade 2' and the crash scene for 'Final Destination 2' both in DTS.

still awaiting the day when both are released on blue ray and i can experience them in their full HD glory.

A

Anonymous

Lobby scene in The Matrix to get those speakers going.
The open scene in Apocalypto on Blu-ray, great for showing picture quality on your tv.

A

Anonymous

Some good suggestions, (and some old faves, Blade2, FD2),

but as I've yet to bite the blu-ray bullet, I'l have to wait and see if 'Knowing' becomes a new fave tester!!

A

Anonymous

Since buying a gramma for my sub and finally positioning it where it sounds best, i've trawled thru a load of dvd's and have been pleasantly suprised with their quality in plain vanilla dolby 5.1

Once upon a time in mexico, Mothman prophecies, Ghost dog, Spy game, 28 weeks later, Insomnia, Dark city......all of these had me skipping backwards thru chapters to replay scenes, but Fight club sounded remarkable, the plane crash fantasy and the car crash sequence ( cliched choices i know ) were thoroughly addictive

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm going to say the opening sequence from the original The Italian Job. What could be better - the backdrop of the Italian alps, a bit of Matt Monro's crooning and the glorious 12 cylinder soundtrack provided by that Lamborghini Miura.

Never fails.

A

Anonymous

Can you believe I dont own original Italian Job on DVD?! How rude!! VHS dosn't sound so good
emotion-5.gif

Absolutely love Fight Club, but I cant watch just 1 scene!! Gotta watch it all, but agree does sound mustard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts