Exposure speaker cable (20 years old) - In need to an update?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thoughts would appreciated.

I have a little spare cash and am wanting to know if it would be well spent on new speaker cable. Bought Exposure cable at the time I purchased my beloved Exposure XV back in the mid 1990s. I am committed to the amp but want to know what the shelf life is on speaker cable. Not sure I ever really investigated the cable's quality at the time so maybe it has always been a weak link.

In short, is it worth looking at changing?
System: MacBook (Spotify Premium) - Exposure XV - B&W685

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Can you see bare copper on the connections? If so then its almost certainly oxidised which can affect it to a degree

If you do change then id personally recommend Van Damme LC-OFC. If your happy with the sound though, then I wouldnt bother changing anything

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Nice to see another vintage Exposure user.

Your amp was designed to be used with the Exposure cabling, so, as long as your happy with the sound, I wouldn't think about changing. Just snip an inch of each end, if there is any oxidisation, and re-terminate with bananas, spades or whatever you use.

Keep on enjoying the Exposure!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I have enjoyed my Exposure since I bought it as a 16 year old. Quite an investment at the time but having used it everyday for twenty odd years without the slightest problem it has proved my prized possession.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts