euro satellite receiver??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I dont know if im on right forum,

I am thinking of giving up sky
emotion-6.gif
for a while to save on pennies, I am informed my tv has a euro satellite receiver built in pioneer 5090h

Please does anyone know what i can achieve with this and how to use it

Thank you

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't know this model and i'm only an amateur enthusiast but, if it does have a digital satellite receiver inside (DVB-S tuner) it is essentially a freesat enabled telly. Able to pick up all the frree to air channels broadcast from the Sky and Freesat satellites at 28 degrees as well as the other european channels from the other satellites at 25,19,16 and 13 degrees.....the list is extensive. Obviously, you would have to invest in something other than the rubbish sky tea plate sized dish you have. An 80cm dish is good enough for most of the sats i've mentioned. (it will not do HD channels unless it's a DVB-S2 receiver).

There may be others here with a more specific knowledge of your tv. As a starting point, look on the back for a sat in terminal like the one on the back of your sky box. You could always plug in the dish and have a play, just switch everything off before unplugging the dish from your sky box.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply,

I also have been on tv forum of which a few have also helped aswell.

Yes my tv has DVB-S2, So if i have different dish there is hope of more channels( Are they any good tho)out there?

I will miss sky for the sports and kinda movies even tho they are pretty poop lately but need to pinch budget for a while

daveh75

iamthetimberman:

Yes my tv has DVB-S2, So if i have different dish there is hope of more channels( Are they any good tho)out there?

In a word,NO.

IMHO,There is very few HD or SD FTA(Free to air) channels for that matter, on european satellite that would be of much interest to the average brit!

I would only personally go to the trouble/expense of fitting a larger fixed or motorised dish if you're either....

A,interested in learning a foreign language(s)

B,intend subscribing to foreign packages

Or C, a "Satellite enthusiast".

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave,

In that case it is my answers to all your questions are NO

I will stick to FTA channels for a while

Thanks again for advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts