dynaudio dm 2/7s ...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive had mine a few days now and i love them, there were a few reasons for switching from my rx6's, only minor issues that may not be a problem for others or in other envoirements..

i wanted to be able to place my speakers closer to walls, and can do with these dm's, they are about a foot off the back wall while one of them is about 10cm from a side wall with no boom whatsoever..

the rx6's were very bassy, in my smallish room that could become tiresome after listening to them for long periods, the dyns are bassy enough, but not at all overpowering and i find them an easier listen, the bass is also very tight..

also the rx6's could sometimes sound a touch bright, dare i say harsh, in the high frequencies and at high volume, the dyns address this too being smoother whilst also being very detailed in the highs, perhaps the soft dome tweeter? or the as-500 as opposed to my old marantz pm7000?

but the biggest difference is when listening to complex tracks, the rx6's could sometimes sound a little muddled, not so with the dyns which are simply brilliant with rock, there is more seperation, a wider soundstage, and i feel a much nicer midrange, no one instrument or aspect of the music gets in the way of another, they all co-exist clearly, very impressive..

i should add that the rx6's were better to listen to at low volumes, the dyns come alive more the harder they're pushed, perhaps this is because they're 4ohms and need a bit more juice? its not a problem anyway as i nearly always listen at a volume level that they shine at..

all in all im very impressed with the dynaudios, they are much more suitable for me and tick all the boxes, i doubt ill ever buy a floorstander again while im still living in my current house, these standmounts are perfect for me..

dynaudio148.jpg

dynaudio155.jpg

dynaudio153.jpg

dynaudio147.jpg

A

Anonymous

Diamond Joe:Good stuff Max, sounds like you're going to enjoy them.
emotion-21.gif

thanks joe, im loving them
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
Hi maxflinn

Nice to hear you are happy with your new components
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

cheers rick
emotion-21.gif

ive put up a few pics, i know you do like your pics
emotion-5.gif

They look smart little monitors, Max. Dig the new sounds....

Picking up on your comments about the RX6 can sound slightly harsh and the bass heavy handed, can't help but think your tiled flooring is the main contributor to that.

Nevertheless, enjoy...

A

Anonymous

cheers pp, you are probably right re. my room acoustics being to blame for the rx6's minor issues, and minor they were too, only occassionally sounding a tad harsh to be fair, and the bass was fine for the most part, they were fantastic speakers and i wouldnt knock them or put anyone off buying them, but i feel the dyns are more suitable in my room..
emotion-21.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations max! Sounds like you've got a winner there. I'm a big fan of Dynaudio and MA. They both make great speakers, but of all the speakers I've owned and auditioned, only Dynaudio made me fall in love. There's something different about Dynaudio bass that is superior to anything else on the market I've ever heard. And the way Dyn speakers provide bags of rich detail with such a smooth delivery is unique. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

thanks jax... i know what you mean re. the dynaudio sound, i first heard it when i got a chance to demo a pair of excite x32 floorstanders with the marantz lite cdp and amp, it sounded wonderful, and got me thinking, changes tend to happen fast with me regarding hifi
emotion-10.gif
, so a few weeks later i find myself with a new amp and these dyns
emotion-1.gif

yea the bass is just perfect, i know this may sound silly but i kind of had an idea of a kind of good old fashioned hifi sound i wanted in my head, and once i pressed play on my cdp on thur afternoon i knew i had it, rich, smooth, highly detailed, crisp but smooth treble, just gorgeous
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

yea i could have got a pair of ex dem x16's for e300 more but i doubt they would have been as happy close to the wall and i wasn't convinced my amp would drive them, i think ive made the right choice though
emotion-15.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd suspect that having the right speaker so close to the side wall and the left one more in free space might be introducing a tonal imbalance and hindering soundstaging, especially with that fireplace jutting out and potentially creating further reflections.

Moving the right speaker closer to the TV - and thus further from the wall - may improve the sound noticeably.

A

Anonymous

thanks andrew, i havn't really tried different positioning yet, i put them where i wanted them from an aesthetic point of view and they do sound great there.. however what you say makes sense, ill move them to the left later and see how they sound, ill shortly have a new av cabinet which will make things more compact and finding the right position easier
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Wow, someone has been a busy little bee, looks great Max
emotion-21.gif

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
totally agree that getting an av rack will tidy it all up a treat and give you more flexability for trying out different speaker positions. the real bonus would be tho that you could then put your feet up on that nice table and enjoy the music with your beers
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

now your talking
emotion-5.gif
.. here's the stand im getting...only £70..

51106ea0c5c25fd8c038a2c0b99fe761_800.jpg

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
thats a nice looking peice of kit and at a great price. enjoy your dyns, i know that when i got my mine i knew it was the sound i was looking for after a long search.

A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:thats a nice looking peice of kit and at a great price. enjoy your dyns, i know that when i got my mine i knew it was the sound i was looking for after a long search.

that sounds so cliched, but its exactly how i feel
emotion-1.gif
.. and jaxwired.. cheers
emotion-21.gif

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
im not saying they make the best speakers in the world and im sure ive heard better speakers at higher price points, though i have never heard some of the more expensive dyns. also everybody has different tastes, ( and life, never mind speaker choice would be boring if this wasnt the case ). i just think they have the right balance for my ears/tastes.

A

Anonymous

hi pete, as i said before, raising the tv up the same distance as the height of the centre speaker worked a treat for me...

A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:im not saying they make the best speakers in the world and im sure ive heard better speakers at higher price points, though i have never heard some of the more expensive dyns. also everybody has different tastes, ( and life, never mind speaker choice would be boring if this wasnt the case ). i just think they have the right balance for my ears/tastes.

couldnt agree more.. i wouldnt say the dyns are better than my rx6's were, just better for me in my room. im sure there are many who would prefer the rx6's.

A

Anonymous

Hi max. If you dont mind me asking whre did ou get that rack? What kind is it? Im wantin a new rack for my gear. Im not feeling the gloss black/black shelves anymore.

A

Anonymous

bobbyg81:Hi max. If you dont mind me asking whre did ou get that rack? What kind is it? Im wantin a new rack for my gear. Im not feeling the gloss black/black shelves anymore.
hi bobby, i dont have it yet, but im getting it from here..

courtesy of a good heads up from matengawhat...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts