DVD or BD Player for best stereo sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking actually for a new DVD or BD Player. I have no surround system at home, only a stereo amplifier (Primare I30). I am mostly interested in music-dvds (stereo sound quality is important for me). In this case, is it useful to buy a BD-Player (like the Denon Bd1800) or should I stay with a normal Dvd-Player (like the Marantz DV6001 or Dv7001)?

battin1970

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
battin1970:
Hi,

I am looking actually for a new DVD or BD Player. I have no surround system at home, only a stereo amplifier (Primare I30). I am mostly interested in music-dvds (stereo sound quality is important for me). In this case, is it useful to buy a BD-Player (like the Denon Bd1800) or should I stay with a normal Dvd-Player (like the Marantz DV6001 or Dv7001)?

battin1970

You would be better off buying a BD player which can play BD, DVD and CD and then get an external DAC.

A

Anonymous

battin1970:

Hi,

If you don't get a BDP you will kick yourself eventually! BDP to amp will sound beautiful. You know you want to!...
emotion-13.gif

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I agree an external dac like the mac magic will make a real differance. £200 on a dac and £200 on a BD Player will give you all the CD clout you need.

A

Anonymous

I do not intend to play CD's on the player, but only DvD's (concerts, films). Analog stereo sound quality has not to be exceptional, but will it be better in a normal DVD-Player or a BD one (without adding any dac or other features), or is it simply the same for the same price level ( about £250-400).

A

Anonymous

I think you should go for a BD player to take advantage of HD sound tracks which will be increasingly available on BD disks. With a normal DVD player you will be stuck with compressed sound on everything. Other than this overall view, I expect you should do an audition to see if you can hear any differences

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
I might be missing something here but the Primare i30 only has analogue inputs so the sound quality will depend on the built in dac in the player chosen.You can't access HD sound without HDMI or 5.1 analogue outputs/Inputs as far as I know.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I think mark111 was saying go for a Blu-ray player so maybe in the furture if chappy wanted to upgrade he already has the player, well i think thats what he meant.

TRENDING THREADS