Dull mumbled vocies from the front?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I have not set up my rears yesterday as it took me longer than I thought to get the stand and all my bits plugged in.

Anyway, got my VSX 819 and My diamond 9.1's plugged in with xt silver aniversary cable, and I am not sure I have don it right.

I have put the cable in the back, copper red, silver black, and have conected via the bottom screws of the diamonds.

They are working and I hear sound and good base, but the speach just seems a bit muffled, is this what fronts are supposed to do? and the rears add the treble voice or is it the centre that I dont have?

I have been playing with all the settings and its still a bassy sound to the voice.

Thanks so much.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Going on yesterday's thread I'm guessing you haven't told your amp you don't have a centre speaker, you need to set this so it sends the centre channel info to the front speakers.

A

Anonymous

I took them off... LOL

It looked like in the book they were ment to.

I went through the setting and it does show only fronts, and then centre off.

Maybe I will just go ahead and put them back on...
emotion-10.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Going on yesterday's thread I'm guessing you haven't told your amp you don't have a centre speaker, you need to set this so it sends the centre channel info to the front speakers.

Yes, it could be that, too...

A

Anonymous

WOW!!!
emotion-21.gif

I did not know something so small, could make such a difference...LOL

I feel like such a fool.. But hey, now I know.

Thanks guys

matthewpiano

The jumper thing isn't small. If you had the speaker cable connected to the lower terminals on your speakers and removed the jumpers, your tweeters (the treble drivers) weren't getting any information at all.

Glad you got it sorted.

A

Anonymous

Stupid stupid stupid...
emotion-2.gif

Thanks guys, I have not set up a stereo since I was 14, so much has changed.

That xt silver wire is a pain though, prob becuase its so thick, but the front now sound amazing.

Thanks again guys

A

Anonymous

Just a quickie?

I got it all set up now and the MS alumni sound great and so do the 9.1s

But I am wondering, what number do you usually put on your amp for volume, just watching tv or something.

I can hear my tv and the sound is great, but its on number 45.

I would have thought going from 0-45, that seems a lot to me?

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

Cough cough ... Bump

Just want to know what number your on?

I just dont want to blow anything as my first set up.

Thanks guys

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's only a question that people with the same amp can usefully answer as well, my amp doesn't have any numbers on it (well it does on the dial but they're so small I can read them from distance), so I don't worry and just turn it up until I'm happy, I don't think I've ever got the volume knob past halfway.

You should be aware that different sources will probably have different input levels as well, so you wouldn't necessarily end up with Sky being set to the same (numerical) volume as your blu-ray player, for example.

A

Anonymous

Just had a look and it goes up to 80

So maybe 45 is ok really?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts