Does my new TV have Intergrated freeview??

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi..I've got a Samsung LE40A686.......I notice some versions have freeview built in......does this one have it? thanks..

A

Anonymous

ipri:Hi..I've got a Samsung LE40A686.......I notice some versions have freeview built in......does this one have it? thanks..

Have you switched it on yet?!!

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have....just remembered it may have Freeview.......where do I find it...nothing in instructions?? ian

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If it's plugged into your TV aerial, the digital tuner should automatically tune into any station it can find. Look in the manual under 'autotune' or 'tuning your set'

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, when you first switched the TV on it should have gone into auto-tune mode, seeking out all the Freeview channels in your area. I assume you have the option either on the remote or in the menus to switch between the analogue and digital tuners? All you need to do is select the digital tuner.

EDIT - Clare's ahead of me on this one.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're getting very good at this stereo advice mode, Andy
emotion-5.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
ipri:thanks all....switchover in my region in 2012...I guess thats why nothing happens!! ian
Switchover just means they are turning off the analogue signal, they run both in tandem at the moment. Where do you live?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Oops sorry about that, just checked and for some reason they are not transmitting digital in your area yet.Strange that, we are due to switchover in 2011 I think, but have had both services for 4 years+ now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts