DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
connect a bose cinematic 321 system to the new samsung led tvs (not so good connections)

consists of a white & red connection...

when i plug it in no sound just a tone but when i connect it to sky box or virgin works a treat this is like a (L+R)
connection

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
some questions, as I'm not familiar with these items:

you have a sky boy and a virgin box - but are you actually using your tv as a tuner (i.e. are you watching freeview or analogue too?)

Where have you connected to the tv - are you sure they're outputs (i,e, there will be red/white/yellow inputs for connecting a game system etc.).

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Are you trying to get the sound from your TV to play on your Bose system or vice-versa?

Taking a list of inputs/outputs here taken from a UE40B7000 as a benchmark as you have not mentioned a exact model, it looks like there is no audio out over phone (red/white) only audo in via the PC mini jack input which apears to be a alternative input for all non HDMI inputs. There is a Digital (optical) audio but don't know if this is also to output.

Full list of inputs/outputs HERE

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, still don't follow. If you mean you want to connect the PS3 and Sky HD into the TV, then run the sound out to the Bose, then it looks like you can't do this. Usually the audio out feed from TVs with built-in digital tuners only delivers sound from the onboard tuner, not from external sources connected to the TV's inputs.

The Samsung should do this - sound from its tuner out - via the optical digital output, but otherwise it looks like you're a bit scuppered, unless you use the headphone socket (if the TV has one) and connect that to the Bose.

But then given that the Bose system has three analogue inputs, three electrical digital and one optical, I'm still at a loss as to why you're trying to connect everything through the TV. Can't you use digital connections from the Sky HD box and PS3 straight into the Bose?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
tvspecv:

its the samsung UE46B8000 connecting to the Bose 321 Cinemate ...

not using analogue or digital tv.

Well looking at the back panel of your model it appears almost identical to the 7 series and does not have audio out over analog only possibilty is again via the Digital optical connection.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
With the PS3 though, you can run the AV Multi out into the Bose input for audio and still use the HDMI into the TV for video. Not sure if Sky HD has the outputs to let you do this or not.

EDIT - scrap the above, just seen Andrew's update about the Bose. Use optical direct into the Bose from the PS3.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
ahh, I think that samsung doesn't have "red/white" output. If I'm understanding correctly, you're sending signal from your ps3 to the telly via HDMI? And you want to use the Bose to accept the sound from your sky box, your virgin box and your ps3?

As you only have one set out inputs on your bose, you can't accept more than one source at a time (without unplugging) unless you have something like this (and there may be cheaper versions of this, if you look around). I will leave it to the ps3 junkies (Le Prof du Chapeau?!) to say if it's possible to send image over HDMI from a ps3 and send the sound over phono leads to the bose.

PS- what gives with your sign-off line? I think WHF may be a proselytizing-free zone..
emotion-5.gif

EDIT: What prof/Andrew said - I was under the impression (from this) you only had one rca input and nothing else.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Why? You can just connect everything directly to the Bose, which is far more preferable as you can then get Dolby Digital from the PS3 and Sky HD boxes. Taking all sound from the TV would only give you stereo.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Unless, of course, you're talking about the Bose CineMate system and not a 321 at all, in which case you are back to square one and scuppered again. There is an EXT (RGB) output on the Samsung TV, but it needs a special cable and again will only deliver sound from the TV's internal tuner. And having double checked on the TV, there is no headphone socket.

Or are you now buying a Yamaha soundbar instead? It's hard to keep up...

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
yes andy i`m going for yamaha bose might sit in my living room with my panny lcd what a waste

really liked the system pretty loud i was wondering if i could somehow connect it to the soundbar is this possible andrew

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i recently setup a 321 system with samsung tv for my neighbours - not sure exact samsung model number but is one of the new ones and the tv only has an optical digital out to connect to the bose and when connected to the optical in plays the tvs sound trough the bose sytem. However when changing to their bluray player this sound is also transmitted from tv to the bose. The tv seems to send all sound connected to it over optical have you tried it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts