Best way to connect TV, Sky Q and Soundbar

DrEvil

Sep 12, 2021
Hi,

I have just bought a new TV, upgraded my Sky Q box to UHD and have an existing Bose SOundtouch 300 soundbar.

Question is, what would be the best way to connect it all?

So the items in play are:
Sony Bravia XR55A84JU
Sky Q UHD box
Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar

I plan to use the Sky box (with its Netflix, etc apps) and Sky remote ideally to control everything so I don't have to mess around with several remotes. So was going to choose the non-smart TV option when installing the TV, as hoping to do everything off the Sky box.

I understand the A84 TV speakers are 30w, so I am thinking I will need to use the soundbar to get good voice clarity in movies, but this is just a guess.
I just didn't want to stump up another £1200 to go up to the A90 TV, although if I had I would not need to bother with the soundbar at all.

Do I plug the Sky box in to one of the TV's HDMI ports and then the Soundbar into the other?

Thanks in advance :-]

Tinman1952

May 19, 2021
Do I plug the Sky box in to one of the TV's HDMI ports and then the Soundbar into the other?
Yes. Make sure the Soundbar is connected to your TV’s ARC HDMI output. You could also use the TV optical output into the optical input of the Soundbar. Try HDMI first 👍

Reactions: DrEvil

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS