Do you think I could do a projector in my bedroom?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above, most of you have seen my setup, I can't afford much on installation. I was thinking about copying BB's setup.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
As above, most of you have seen my setup, I can't afford much on installation. I was thinking about copying BB's setup.

big bro's setup cost around 20 odd K I think... I thought you were getting your own place?
Did it? I think I will need a job to afford my own place. Just been looking at the Sony 40 projector can afford that, now the screen, which ones do you have to go for?

D

Deleted member 2457

How much does installation cost on all this?

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:

id install it all my self. I used to be a structured cabling and sever engineer, so I'm pretty good with wires...

you don't have to go as far as bb; you need a projector, screen and atmos speakers, AV reciever(atmos and dtsx) installing and you could hide the wires in trunking, but it won't look pretty...

it will be expensive if you get a pro to fit it, not sure on costs though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:

id install it all my self. I used to be a structured cabling and sever engineer, so I'm pretty good with wires...

you don't have to go as far as bb; you need a projector, screen and atmos speakers, AV reciever(atmos and dtsx) installing and you could hide the wires in trunking, but it won't look pretty...

it will be expensive if you get a pro to fit it, not sure on costs though.
Cheers mate!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't you just get a short throw projector and put it on a stool/stand and have a manual pull down sceen screwed to the cieling, no need to spend too much.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Couldn't you just get a short throw projector and put it on a stool/stand and have a manual pull down sceen screwed to the cieling, no need to spend too much.
Got a link to a good one? Cheers.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004LSBY9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for the money it's well made, looks good and produces an excellent picture with my Optoma projector.

*music2*

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004LSBY9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for the money it's well made, looks good and produces an excellent picture with my Optoma projector.

*music2*
*good*

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:

big bro's setup cost around 20 odd K I think... I thought you were getting your own place?
Did it? I think I will need a job to afford my own place. Just been looking at the Sony 40 projector can afford that, now the screen, which ones do you have to go for?

no. you don't. there is thing called housing benefit? along with esa i get housing benefit and i have been living alone 2 years come may, and i'm only 22! with plenty of money left each month for some purchases, and most to pay off my purchases on credit card(s)

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:

no. you don't. there is thing called housing benefit? along with esa i get housing benefit and i have been living alone 2 years come may, and i'm only 22! with plenty of money left each month for some purchases, and most to pay off my purchases on credit card(s)
I am getting help from my doctor now so I will look into it - cheers! I have to write a list of my aims and the barriers for the next year. So that will definitely go on the list.

You don't need to spend a lot for a projector system. Sony HW40, or the newly launched HW45 is a superb projector for the money, hailed by reviewers as the best projector you can buy for under £2K. Most of my budget went on furniture and installation.

Screen depends on how much dark you can make your room.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
Gel, can you edit your signature to remove the big empty area that follows your posts?
Do you mean write a signature in?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
You don't need to spend a lot for a projector system. Sony HW40, or the newly launched HW45 is a superb projector for the money, hailed by reviewers as the best projector you can buy for under £2K. Most of my budget went on furniture and installation.

Screen depends on how much dark you can make your room.
How about the cheap Epsom? What screen to go with that? Will it hook up to my home cinema system?

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:

Are you in a house or flat? Are you on ESA?

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:

Are you in a house or flat? Are you on ESA?
I knew you were 22 from on AV Forums.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Gel you would hate a projector if you don't do it properly. I wouldn't bother honestly
Okay mate - cheers! I will just stick to my OLED then.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It's certainly not something to do half arsed.

Light control is the biggest thing. My home cinema is in my main lounge and a big thing for me was for it to remain a lounge. I have frame fitted venetians, but also framed blackouts. In the middle of the day with the blinds down you cannot see your hand in front of your face. Doesn't matter how good the kit is this has to be done properly

I have a calibrated Sony HW40 and electric screen, which is activated when the amp is switched on/off. I have 6.1 active speakers so they each have a power cable, if you take care with the trunking it can still look neat.

Your amp & speakers can be used fine. I certainly wouldn't be thinking of Atmos for a bedroom.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

Put in a signature and/or remove all the spaces: go into your profile, highlight the whole of the area inside the signature box and press delete. All that blank area is taking up a lot of page-space every time you post.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

Put in a signature and/or remove all the spaces: go into your profile, highlight the whole of the area inside the signature box and press delete. All that blank area is taking up a lot of page-space every time you post.
how's this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts