Do i need MQA streaming

Cabunag

Apr 2, 2021
Both Amplifiers im thinking about dont support MQA
Yamaha R-N803D
Marantz PM7000N
Are they worth buying now if they dont support MQA.

Right now im using Amazon Music Unlimited i get for just under £7 a Month. Can only use Amazon by Bluetooth as Yamaha dont support it, the Marantz supports Amazon Music. Thank you for reading this.

superhans

Oct 19, 2020
In a word ' No'
I had a 4 month trial of Tidal with MQA DAC via the Bluesound Node 2i
I was not impressed. My verdict after the trial - its snake oil. Cancelled the sub, sold the streamer
I am sure there will be plenty of happy MQA folk out there, but I just coudn't hear it's worth over Qobuz & others.
I now use Qobuz for the most part which sounds great to my ears.

Reactions: nopiano

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Both Amplifiers im thinking about dont support MQA
Yamaha R-N803D
Marantz PM7000N
Are they worth buying now if they dont support MQA.

Right now im using Amazon Music Unlimited i get for just under £7 a Month. Can only use Amazon by Bluetooth as Yamaha dont support it, the Marantz supports Amazon Music. Thank you for reading this.
hi im streaming amazons hd music sounds really good .!

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
I have tested Tidal and Deezer Hifi for a month to compare the two. Deezer being lossless flac, while Tidal is lossy MQA.

My initial impressions were that Tidal sounded better (I spent a lot of time making sure I was listening to the same masters/editions for a fair comparison), but after a while I found the sound fatiguing.

What initially sounded like a clearer more detailed sound, is probably the downside of the introduced noise in the MQA files, which will manifest itself as a brighter sound, and probably why people on first hearing find Tidal more detailed and clear. It is not. After a while, my ears just got tired of listening to Tidal, much like an overly compressed file.

So, if a streaming service like Deezer, who uses flac for their hifi tier, sound less detailed, it may simply be because they are using a lossless streaming format, with no introduced noise. Your ears will thank you in the long run.

Marcus99M

Apr 16, 2021
No you don't need MQA, I have a SU-9 dac with a full MQA decoder and I am just waiting for Spotify lossless so I can quit Tidal and Roon.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts